Switched to insides after mini-suites. Thank you Princess!

Loreni

Cabin location is much more important to me than cabin category. We can happily cruise in inside and ocean view cabins for months at a time, but totally understand what it was like to get a week of vacation each year and making the most of it by booking a balcony or above.

But, trust me, even when I worked 80 hours a week, I would never have made having a balcony a condition of cruising. Just get me on a ship!

In the inside cabins I always felt I was living in a closet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes - agree...it is all about what YOU WANT - but IMO any Interior Cabin Category is like booking a hotel room without a window - have you ever done that? It's an ocean cruise vacation & we want to enjoy an ocean view w/o leaving my cabin to find a better place. And - Yes - it's way cheaper & Yes you do get same services-food-entertainment as all do & you'll get more cruises per $ - but never want to go back to that tiny dim cramped interior cabin. Hey - it's a vacation!

ON 7 day or longer cruises we always booked a balcony or higher.....almost exclusively AFT and I noticed something.... my DH always wanted to stay in the cabin, sliding door open with fresh air....so my thinking we need to try an inside so he'll get out more...

So along comes an offer a "can't resist cheap inside" Rivera deck aft so we try it.....next a Lido deck "cheapie" both had easy access to the outside...my DH especially liked the Lido as it was close to the gym.

and then our cruise a few months ago a last minute Pacific Coastal, I said if a Plaza cabin(i wanted to try one) is available we'll book it...so we did.

These r the only decks I would book an inside on....I want access to public areas without taking stairs or an elevator.

Believe it or not I do better in an inside cause there r not as many places to put things in........

One thing I did find out from these cruises my DH really disliked having stern cabins all these years and he never told me.:rolleyes:

BTW now with the sip and sail promos they have put me back to a mini suite....their marketing works on me.......re: loungers I just use pillows....

Edited by land lover

In the inside cabins I always felt I was living in a closet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes - agree...it is all about what YOU WANT - but IMO any Interior Cabin Category is like booking a hotel room without a window - have you ever done that? It's an ocean cruise vacation & we want to enjoy an ocean view w/o leaving my cabin to find a better place. And - Yes - it's way cheaper & Yes you do get same services-food-entertainment as all do & you'll get more cruises per $ - but never want to go back to that tiny dim cramped interior cabin. Hey - it's a vacation!

Agreed. We always booked balcony cabins because I like natural sunlight and hubby likes fresh air (he's a sailor). However after undergoing a craniotomy to remove a brain tumor, I decided that life is short, so our last three cruises have been in midship Penthouse Suites. We are sailing in a Dexluxe Suite on the Royal Clipper at Chrismas (hubby says we can't sail anymore Princess cruises until we cruise on a tall ship (holds 200 pax). Our Norway cruise on the Pacific Princess in 2017 will be in an Owners Suite.

Happy cruising everyone.

Edited by cflutist