towels and motion

aamiza

This is our first time cruise does the Carnival Sunshine provide towels for the pool and beach or do we need to bring our own?

Also we are doing the 8 night eastern Caribbean cruise would we need sickness tablets or will we be okay we have cabin 5340 suite

Thanks any first time help please

Towels are provided for you. You can check out pool towels at the towel huts located near the main pool and at Serenity. Towels to take off of the ship are left for you in your stateroom. Just make sure you do not lose them or they do charge you.

Typically in the Caribbean we have not needed any sea sickness meds but it couldn't hurt to bring them just in case!

Have a great cruise! We were on Sunshine recently for ten nights and had a wonderful time!

This is our first time cruise does the Carnival Sunshine provide towels for the pool and beach or do we need to bring our own?

Also we are doing the 8 night eastern Caribbean cruise would we need sickness tablets or will we be okay we have cabin 5340 suite

On the Sunshine in about two weeks :)

My general experience is the first night heading from NYC (in any direction) can be rough. After that it depends on the overall weather.

I typically do not get seasick, but I take non-drowsy sea sickness pills as a precaution. Hasn't failed me yet - and I have been in some pretty rough weather (Especially to Canada and Bermuda).

As for towels, they provide towels for beach and you can get towels by the pool (at least that has been the case on all my other cruises).

Congrats on that first cruise! Be sure you have all your IDs and cruise documents in your carry on! We usually print out a boarding pass and put it in an outside location in all our checked luggage. That way, if the luggage tag gets torn off, they can identify where the luggage is supposed to go. Other than that, just relax and enjoy your cruise! Be warned, cruising is addictive! [emoji33]

There are towels provided but if you lose them there is a fee involved. If just going to the pool check one out up there. you can take yours ashore but be sure to bring them back. Again with that pesky fee!

Motion sickness can strike anyone at anytime. Taking precautions is not a bad idea. Cabin placement is not the only factor. Moving about the ship during sea activity can be an issue also. I personally start Bonine a day or two before the cruise and pop one a day for the duration. Non drowsy!

Recommendations- relax, have fun, don't try to do it all but participate occasionally, talk to people, ask questions!

Research your ports of call. You will have a better idea of what you want to do or book.

I agree with everyone else, if you are at all concerned about seasickness, err on the side of caution and start taking something the night before. I take Bonine at night, starting at least the night before, and have never had any problems.

This is my first Carnival cruise, and it looks like I will be bringing towels. My 15 year old son is good about some things, but I have to be the towel proctor, even at home, and I don't want to have to pay for towels!

You can bring the towels off the ship on excursions or activities, and the ships I've been on recently have an exchange area after reboarding and security but before the elevators to drop off the wet ones and bring clean towels back to your cabin.

Be outside with your camera or binoculars when you sail down the Hudson, the NYC skyline on your left or port side is fantastic! The Statue of Liberty will be on the right or starboard side. To catch Lady Liberty's face, you should snap pictures just after you pass Her. And of course, the Freedom Tower is another wonderful photo op.

If you are lucky, a NYC fireboat will salute the ship with its water cannons, a wonderful sight! No other American port matches the sailaway sights that NYC offers, IMO.

Edited by evandbob

The ENTIRE ship moves....it's FLOATING ON THE SEA! If it's really rough, you'll feel it everywhere..but the ends of the ship can have a greater range of motion...think of a see-saw....

If it's calm, no worries!

I take Bonine every night at bedtime beginning the night before the cruise and have never had a problem with motion sickness even in hurricane weather a couple of times.

Don't over pack; make a list and check it again before you leave on your vacation. Remember single dollar bills or 5's for tips for the porters. Bring your one bottle of wine per adult and 12 pack of soft drinks or juice - I use a small wheeled carryon for this, so easy. A small flashlight or battery candle for nightlight in the bathroom at night. And most importantly, have a great time and enjoy your first cruise - there is nothing like it!!

I can tell you that your cabin is lovely. I was a few cabins over on the 7/4 cruise and looked insisde while the steward was cleaning. Same cabin steward that I had and he was great. You will have your towel animals every night!

Pool towels are there as well. I've never used them on any cruise as they are too heavy for me and I prefer those quick dry sarongs. I always take Bonine, even if the seas are calm.

Enjoy your first cruise!