Has anyone done Chankanaab on their own? Is it fairly easy and worth the difference

Redokie

Easy enough to do on your own - about a $10 cab ride from the piers and admission is about $20/adult. Small pool, beach, snorkel area plus walking trails and the opportunity for sea animal shows, etc.

Are you looking to do the dolphin swim on your own? :confused:

We have gone on our own several times and plan to in 2 weeks. There's a coupon for $2 on their web site.

Cabs cost the same for 2 people as 4. We have sometimes shared a cab back to the same ship with someone else standing in line for a cab. Saves a couple of bucks and we meet new friends.

Easy to do on your own.

The walk through the Maya area is very worthwhile. Tours are free even with a guide.

We have been to Chakanaab 3 or 4 times (or is it 5?) and have never used the ship excursion.

It is way too easy. Grab a cab at the taxi stand and go.

My wife even made her own reservation for the dolphin swim apart from the ship.

As everyone else has said, super easy to do on your own and they have the perfect "system" for taxi's coming and going (they are on a walkie talkie system and are in contact with the drivers and a lot on the side has tons of drivers waiting to be called over when you are ready to leave).

I have 2 reviews in my signature line that have pictures if you are interested (although they have added a few "extras" since we were there last). :)

We have gone on our own several times and plan to in 2 weeks. There's a coupon for $2 on their web site.

Cabs cost the same for 2 people as 4. We have sometimes shared a cab back to the same ship with someone else standing in line for a cab. Saves a couple of bucks and we meet new friends.

Easy to do on your own.

The walk through the Maya area is very worthwhile. Tours are free even with a guide.

Cab prices are not per person ? Any idea price for party of 5 ?

Rates are per cab and are posted at the pier because the authorities want you to know the correct fare to various destinations. Drivers will cheat you if they can. I have "corrected" drivers on the price we are supposed to pay more than once.

So once you pay the $20 admission fee, I'm assuming that food, drink, other "stuff" is extra? Still trying to decide what to do in Cozumel. Have been several times, and would like to do something different this time. Thanks!

$20 is the admission fee (look for on-line coupons to save a couple of bucks). Food, drinks, snorkel gear, etc. are all extra.

For something different take a tour of the east side of the island - much less crowded and developed, funky bars, beautiful scenery, etc.

My husband and I were looking to do the Manatee swim. Should we book it before hand and if so, how? Or can we sign up when we get there? (This is our very first cruise btw)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My husband and I were looking to do the Manatee swim. Should we book it before hand and if so, how? Or can we sign up when we get there? (This is our very first cruise btw)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We booked online through dolphindiscovery.com

We were just there on Friday, 4 days ago. The taxi rate of 17.00 was not accurate and we ended up paying 16.00 for our party of 5. Okay, so the driver got the extra 1.00 in tip form as he got a 20. We went into the park, spent 26.00 per person so we could do the tequila tasting. It was great! Bought 2 bottles as well.

We then walked through the gardens and enjoyed the different flora they had. We then found the crocodiles and thought that was nice too.

Found 5 chairs to sit at and ordered drinks (get a Michelada) and sat for a while just hanging out and watching the water and other patrons. Tried to go to the sea lion show but it started earlier than the brochure said so we missed it. Went to the pool bar and had a few drinks there with my 18 year old daughter.

We really wished we had more time to spend there, but everyone wanted to go back into town to do some shopping...so I was disappointed in that.

Otherwise, if we go back, I will tell all the women in my family we will be spending the whole day there rather than do any shopping.

We are still on Freedom and went to Chankanaab 2 days ago. The posted rate for 4 in a cab was $12. We paid $12 for all 4 of us and tipped $2 for a total cost of $14 each way.

I assume the extra cost was for the 5th person.

We bought the beer special -- 6 Coronas,2 rum punches and chips and salsa for $23.

The water was clear and lots of fish so snorkeling was excellent.

The Mayan tour with Felipe was free and quite interesting. We did tip him

Chankanaab is clean and has fresh water showers