QM2 Princes Grill Menu

resistk

Here it is guys. Now you do not have to worry about all those choices anymore.

Hopefully this is an early version and more items will be added..I bet they thought the former menu was too old school food and needed updated like the rest of the ship!

"28 Day Aged Onley Grounds Beef Sirloin"?

That's humiliating. If something like that can go into print and appear on a menu handed to someone at dinner, either someone somewhere is very foolish or else they simply no longer care.

Fortunately I booked PG with no expectations. I am also not quite sure that I feel cheated not being able to go off menu. I eat everything, as long is it is well conceived and prepared and I have yet to be on a cruise that does not offer variety,

My only negative take from reading the website is that the PG luncheon menus seem a bit dated.

I just wonder if Cunard may be seeking to introduce greater differentiation between PG and QG, so as to encourage more PG passengers to trade up to QG. (Of course, it may have the opposite effect and instead drive them 'down' to Britannia.) I can see that the dining offerings in PG and QG had become pretty similar, and if you don't need the larger stateroom then quite a few passengers have surely been choosing PG to get virtually all the benefits that they seek from the Grills without the additional cost of QG.[/quote

I really don't understand all the "fuss" and "confusion" and "stress". Here

Among the 2 Grills. As if "

You all will starve with lack of food". There seems to be more than enough food.

When you say "down" to Britannia, what do you Mean?:confused:

Edited by turquoise 6
Spelling

Fortunately I booked PG with no expectations. I am also not quite sure that I feel cheated not being able to go off menu. I eat everything, as long is it is well conceived and prepared and I have yet to be on a cruise that does not offer variety,

My only negative take from reading the website is that the PG luncheon menus seem a bit dated.

Again the Grills are only a dining venue. Resturants. The rest of the ship is open to everyone, so you can explore the other dining options

If you really like the "class" thing , all segregated, try the HAVEN on NCL

I've done it:, fantastic :)

Edited by turquoise 6
Spelling

I'm not sure what you mean Ken_W. Are you saying there's a spelling error? Or are you complaining at the 28 days?

From a quick Google search, Onley Grounds, in the UK, is a supplier of superior meat products through its farm shop.

I just wonder if Cunard may be seeking to introduce greater differentiation between PG and QG, so as to encourage more PG passengers to trade up to QG. (Of course, it may have the opposite effect and instead drive them 'down' to Britannia.) I can see that the dining offerings in PG and QG had become pretty similar, and if you don't need the larger stateroom then quite a few passengers have surely been choosing PG to get virtually all the benefits that they seek from the Grills without the additional cost of QG.[/quote

I really don't understand all the "fuss" and "confusion" and "stress". Here

Among the 2 Grills. As if "

You all will starve with lack of food". There seems to be more than enough food.

When you say "down" to Britannia, what do you Mean?:confused:

turquoise 6, what is so hard to understand?? When people pay significantly more for Grills, they (rightfully) expect more.

Pretty sure the poster you were quoting put "down" in quotes because he/she doesn't feel that Britannia is really a downgrade.

Edited by CarolynK

turquoise 6, what is so hard to understand?? When people pay significantly more for Grills, they (rightfully) expect more.

Pretty sure the poster you were quoting put "down" in quotes because he/she doesn't feel that Britannia is really a downgrade.

Thank you, CarolynK. You are quite correct in what you say about my use of 'down' (and of course also correct in your comment about expecting more if you pay more).

Again the Grills are only a dining venue. Resturants. The rest of the ship is open to everyone, so you can explore the other dining options

If you really like the "class" thing , all segregated, try the HAVEN on NCL

I've done it:, fantastic :)

Good morning Turquoise.

Not quite. Queen Victoria & Queen Elizabeth have The Grills Terrace and Courtyard which are accessible to Grills passengers only.

And anyone travelling Grills on Queen Mary 2 have the excellent Concierge Lounge where, in my experience, miracles are worked.

I do agree with you about the value and degree of segregation offered by others though. NCL, as you state, have their 'Haven' while MSC have their 'Yacht Club'.

Where Cunard lead, others follow.;);)

That's humiliating. If something like that can go into print and appear on a menu handed to someone at dinner, either someone somewhere is very foolish or else they simply no longer care.

A favourite of one of our dining friends. The steak was declared delicious and the sirloin quality outstanding.

I just wonder if Cunard may be seeking to introduce greater differentiation between PG and QG, so as to encourage more PG passengers to trade up to QG. (Of course, it may have the opposite effect and instead drive them 'down' to Britannia.) I can see that the dining offerings in PG and QG had become pretty similar, and if you don't need the larger stateroom then quite a few passengers have surely been choosing PG to get virtually all the benefits that they seek from the Grills without the additional cost of QG.

That is an interesting take.

For me the choice usually centres on sociability.

When travelling pure 'back to back' Trans-Atlantic I prefer Princess Grill. I find fellow table guests much more fun and the level of conversation more generative.

On the other hand, when crossing with an additional tagged further destination, i.e. Caribbean, East Coast or World segment(s), then I'm more than happy in the Queens Grill when tables companions usually change with the segments.

A favourite of one of our dining friends. The steak was declared delicious and the sirloin quality outstanding.

Good morning Victoria.

My favourite of course would always be 'off menu' in both Princess and Queens Grill will always be the Steak tartare prepared by the Maitre'd table side...

8733864039_de6b27f2aa_z.jpg

8734983252_400961432a_z.jpg

Classic Grills fare and washed down with an excellent Malbec Catena Alta.

Of course, if this 'off-menu' Princess Grill service were to be withdrawn as posters are speculating, then bang goes another $65 + gratuity sale for Cunard.

And that's great but if you are vegetarian it is very boring, not to mention poor, having no choice.

Good morning Cruiseluvva.

I'm not a vegetarian and would never contemplate choosing a 'veggie' dish but I have had on occasion during my many Grills voyages a small number of 'Veggies' sharing the same table.

On occasion they have perused the following days menu and when adopting an unimpressed look have been invited to suggest something by the Head Waiter who would do his best to organise the suggestion with the galley.

I now digress. As a retired hotel and seafood restaurant owner I used to love having 'veggies' as customers. They are the easiest to cater for and the Gross Profit (GP) on a vegetarian meal was miles higher than any other dish with the exception of mussels and sardines.

Digression over. But the moral should be that 'veggies' are good for the balance sheet.

Why is it humiliating ?

There is a separate vegetarian menu on the website, there seemed to be quite a lot of choice.

There is yes, but it hasn't changed for years and as there are a couple of dishes I don't care for, it means it all becomes rather repetitive. Particularly as we like longer voyages.

Good morning Turquoise.

Not quite. Queen Victoria & Queen Elizabeth have The Grills Terrace and Courtyard which are accessible to Grills passengers only.

And anyone travelling Grills on Queen Mary 2 have the excellent Concierge Lounge where, in my experience, miracles are worked.

I do agree with you about the value and degree of segregation offered by others though. NCL, as you state, have their 'Haven' while MSC have their 'Yacht Club'.

Where Cunard lead, others follow.;);)

Hi Solent Richard: that's good to hear, that there are more than dinning venues in the Grills. And you enjoy them . I prefer Brirannia dinning, and now

I'm looking forward for the newly done Kings Court

Cheers

R

Are there any flambéed items? From my experience many of the main courses on the à la carte menu were flambéed table-side.

On one crossing I asked the waiter about the difference between the rack of lamb which was on the daily menu and on the à la carte menu. He said if we wanted it flambéed we should order it off the latter.

Hi Solent Richard: that's good to hear, that there are more than dinning venues in the Grills. And you enjoy them . I prefer Brirannia dinning, and now

I'm looking forward for the newly done Kings Court

Cheers

R

Using my I Phone, keypad some mistakes were made .

I meant to say: "I prefer dining in Britannia Resturant ":)

And that's great but if you are vegetarian it is very boring, not to mention poor, having no choice.

I sympathize with that.... The choices seem limited for you. Didn't mean to judge for others.

It's true, for people like myself, who eat a wide range of food, there seem to be many good choices, for others, such as yourself, not so much.

Are there any flambéed items? From my experience many of the main courses on the à la carte menu were flambéed table-side.

On one crossing I asked the waiter about the difference between the rack of lamb which was on the daily menu and on the à la carte menu. He said if we wanted it flambéed we should order it off the latter.

yes but now that all the flambe items are off the ala carte menu, they flambe only when the item makes its appearance on the daily menu. So we got chateu briand one day only, lamb one day only, no duck yet which is my favorite.

my complaint is that Cunard sold tickets based on promoting the a la carte menu that was then summarily removed as a presumably cost cutting measure while we en up paying the same price. i doubt anyone was clamoring for turbot, sirloin, and raviolievery night instead of duck, lamb, filet, and chateu briand.

yes but now that all the flambe items are off the ala carte menu, they flambe only when the item makes its appearance on the daily menu. So we got chateu briand one day only, lamb one day only, no duck yet which is my favorite.

my complaint is that Cunard sold tickets based on promoting the a la carte menu that was then summarily removed as a presumably cost cutting measure while we en up paying the same price. i doubt anyone was clamoring for turbot, sirloin, and raviolievery night instead of duck, lamb, filet, and chateu briand.

Having scallops on the ala carte menu is not a cost cutting measure. Scallops cost as much as the beef needed for a chateaubriand where I live which is the Atlantic course of the USA. I would rather have a special prepared ravioli than a boring shrimp cocktail anytime. I also like duck but once if it's on the daily menu is fine with me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app