Soda (and more) package -- worth it for convenience?

limoncello07

On either soda package does it include cans of soda or just soda from the machine at the bar... Also can you get fresh squeezed OJ with the soda and more package..

Thanks

CruiseHappygal:confused:

No fresh squeezed OJ with the soda /more package.... that is available with the higher priced alcohol package though.

I'm on the Emerald in a couple of weeks and I don't see a "Soda Only" option-- only the Soda and More or the Unlimited Everything. So maybe they have done away with it?

I had the Soda and More package on the Crown a few months back but I'm going to pass this time as I'm in a suite and will convert my mini-bar setup to soft drinks, which should last me for at least half the time. I also ordered two 12-packs of bottled water.

I was able to purchase the Soda Only Card on the phone with a Princess rep. We sail August 2016

Also can you get fresh squeezed OJ with the soda and more package..

The juice you get is the kind they have at the bar for making mixed drinks-- not fresh-squeezed. On my last cruise, I ordered a half-Sprite/half-OJ drink several times.

One thing I like about the way Princess does this is that you just have to show your card. The bar staff, or waiter, doesn't have to handle your card, then give it back to you.

That's a great way to transmit Norovirus since they handle so many cards, touch so many things that are rarely ever cleaned (like menus), and come in contact with many more people than you might. It's like using the pens at check-in to sign the back of your Seapass card. WHAT? :eek::eek: Use a pen that hundreds may have used? I don't think so. Use your own and avoid the possibility of others' germs.

For that reason alone, it might be worth it to get the soda pkg. sticker if you're on the cusp of breaking even.

I always get some type of drink package on Princess. Simply for the convenience, especially if those rough seas come around I like my ginger ale.

However, your though about not transmitting noro doesn't sit with me....they r handing me a glass, they are getting ice with a scoop, they r touching a blender, etc.....and they just used the card of the person before me.

I always get some type of drink package on Princess. Simply for the convenience, especially if those rough seas come around I like my ginger ale.

On one of my cruises, I woke up feeling sick in the middle of the night. I had purchased a soda package and went in search of some soda. I was told by a few different people that I could not get a soda. At this point I'm sure I was a pretty green color but unfortunately I had to argue with someone to get a soda. I finally was given some soda which helped tremendously. Now, I always take a soda to the room with me when I turn in for the night.

I love the soda pkg so much I purchase and pay for it before we get on board. Another advantage if you tend to hang out at the same bars, the bartenders get to know you and don't even need to see your card anymore. They just keep you filled up. I live on soda water during the day--no liquor until after five. And you can get mocktails, too. Knowing it is "covered" keeps me hydrated and keeps me from gaining too much weight on the cruise. A great deal, imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was able to purchase the Soda Only Card on the phone with a Princess rep. We sail August 2016

Great! Now the big decision--do I try to do it in advance on the phone with the rep (which means I pay in advance) or do I hope to be able to get it on board (and use OBC). Decisions, decisions.....