what is the actual answer...

about once vs twice per day cabin service.

I've been hearing it's only once and you are asked whether you prefer morning or afternoon for quite some time. We were on the Splendor and Breeze in February and were not asked this and had twice daily service.

I am now seeing quite a few reviews from the Splendor which we will be boarding again in December and many are saying it's once a day only. There must be information from Carnival on whether this is a policy change or not but I can't find it.

I think the bigger confusion is coming from confused people. Employees as well as guests.

The selection card lists both and says check all that apply. Some people think they have to make a choice and some employees have not understood what they were told.

I intend to 'check all that apply' based on my personal preference. Guest Services can correct the misunderstandings of their employees should there be any.

Just my opinion. I am sure yours differs. :p

Edited by Bookbug53

I have always had twice a day service in my cabins. AND, I will always have twice a day service in my cabins. I have always had full ice buckets in my cabins, and I will always have full ice buckets in my cabins. Card or no card, I always meet my steward when we board, and we talk about what we would like them to do for us. Have never had a problem, and will never have a problem.

I have always had twice a day service in my cabins. AND, I will always have twice a day service in my cabins. I have always had full ice buckets in my cabins, and I will always have full ice buckets in my cabins. Card or no card, I always meet my steward when we board, and we talk about what we would like them to do for us. Have never had a problem, and will never have a problem.

Yep !! We've had the same experience on all the different cruise ships we've sailed, including the Carnival Sunshine in January and May.:)

I will check both, or morning AND evening if there is no "both" option. Then introduce myself to our steward and request verbally my desires, including ice twice a day, as well. The stewards are so awesome, I'm sure it will be as I wish.

If not, I will make a quick stop to guest services....

Is it possible that this varies by ship?

We were on Sunshine last month for ten nights and there was no such card. We had service twice a day by a great steward. We saw him on boarding day and asked if we could have ice kept in our little travel cooler and twice a day we had it plus all the usual cabin service.

There are many variables here.

Not every ship has the form. Yet.

John Heald posted a picture of the "new and improved" form that has morning, evening and "both".

But, the original forms were printed in bulk so not all of the ships that have the form are using the new form. Yet.

On the Ecstasy last month, this ship is using the form; it is the old form. DW spoke to the cabin steward as many have said and discussed our need for twice daily service.

One problem in the recent past has been when the form does not say "both" some cabin stewards were not told you CAN still have both - and were refusing to do so. Supposedly, this has been reviewed with the crew. Are there any stragglers out there that don't know - or want to know - who knows? LOL

Edited by CruzinScotty

Take it then if all cruise lines anounce that they will only be once a day room service going forward. You will stop cruising.

Take it then if all cruise lines anounce that they will only be once a day room service going forward. You will stop cruising.

I would consider my options in that case.

At some point the cutbacks might make us consider other vacation types.

Is it possible that this varies by ship?

We were on Sunshine last month for ten nights and there was no such card. We had service twice a day by a great steward. We saw him on boarding day and asked if we could have ice kept in our little travel cooler and twice a day we had it plus all the usual cabin service.

We sailed the Sunshine in Jan and May - neither time did we have a card but both times we had full service in the morning and in the evening we had ice, towels and turndown. It was never a problem for us.

Edited by summersigh

I will check both, or morning AND evening if there is no "both" option. Then introduce myself to our steward and request verbally my desires, including ice twice a day, as well. The stewards are so awesome, I'm sure it will be as I wish.

If not, I will make a quick stop to guest services....

Yep, that's all it takes. Find your steward, communicate your wishes and your Steward will go above and beyond to make your experience awesome.

The amount of $$ Carnival saved per John Heald is absolutely out of this world and they were able to make upgrades to several ships with the savings. So, I'm completely fine without the CHOCOLATES if that means they keep costs down AND are able to bring for example GUYS to more ships!

We are just 2 weeks off the Splendor we had both a suite and a balcony on the 9th deck and a porthole cabin on deck 2. The deck 9 steward offered either or both the deck 2 cabin only offered 1x a day.

What exactly does that mean? Did whoever was in deck 2 cabin specifically tell the steward they wanted twice a day and they were denied? Honestly, I find that hard to believe.

We are just 2 weeks off the Splendor we had both a suite and a balcony on the 9th deck and a porthole cabin on deck 2. The deck 9 steward offered either or both the deck 2 cabin only offered 1x a day.

This is incorrect. Every cabin has the option whether the steward wants to tell you or not. If he argues (because lets face it that's half the work) I'm going to remove my room tips. Not even go to the front desk for fear of what might be done when we are out and the room is cleaned the ONE time.

This is incorrect. Every cabin has the option whether the steward wants to tell you or not. If he argues (because lets face it that's half the work) I'm going to remove my room tips. Not even go to the front desk for fear of what might be done when we are out and the room is cleaned the ONE time.

Could be room steward was given many more rooms to do and told to try and talk people into one time service. Many cruisers have no clue they have the option of twice daily as the sheet they were given didnt clearly say that.

Could be room steward was given many more rooms to do and told to try and talk people into one time service. Many cruisers have no clue they have the option of twice daily as the sheet they were given didnt clearly say that.

The sheet clearly didn't say "choose one" I checked both boxes and there was no issue at all. Just because someone gets a form and thinks they understands what's being asked, doesn't mean that's what the intention of the form was since it did NOT say select/choose one.

Edited by Rh2458

On the Glory last month, our steward introduced himself and said "I will service your room twice per day". We didn't ask. He just told us. A couple of evenings we saw him in the hall and said we didn't need/want anything, but the minute we left the room, he turned down the bed and filled our ice bucket anyway. He was fantastic.