I'm Baaaaack

bananavan

Hello to all and thanks for your concern.

WE drove to Jacksonville on Friday night. The first hotel was a little seedy so I canceled it. We were able to get another hotel nearby and discovered why we had experienced difficulty finding a hotel that accepted cats. There was an ENORMOUS cat show in Jacksonville.

As we were unable to guarantee reservations for Saturday night in Jacksonville (probably because of all those cats!:D ) we decided to move closer to home in Orlando. Two days as hostages to the TV and we were grateful that Wilma finally made landfall.

If you are ever an evacuee, here is a tip for you. (It is also permitted in any hotel stay.) Instead of making that dreadful coffee in your room, take the coffee pot downstairs to the continental buffet and fill it up with half decent coffee.

WE left Orlando at 11 am. 4 was not busy at all but it was very windy and the rain was heavy. When we made the connection to #75 we were amazed that the 2 right hand lanes were completely filled by Pinellas County first responders. Thank God for the organization in the State of Florida.

Our home had virtually no damage. (Of course after last year, we live inthe equivalent of a Medieval castle now!) We sustained 70 mile and hour winds and had 4 inches of rain.

We hav a lot of stuff to take care of this evening, but I thought that I owed my good friends here a report.

Hugs and God Bless all who care.

Archived