NCL Restaurants

oilsand

Having never cruised on NCL, I am struggling to determine if the NCL restaurants have a traditional dining option such as other lines. I am traveling solo and would like to have a traditional seating in one of the restaurants to be able to have some continual contact with fellow passengers during the evening meal

Having never cruised on NCL, I am struggling to determine if the NCL restaurants have a traditional dining option such as other lines. I am traveling solo and would like to have a traditional seating in one of the restaurants to be able to have some continual contact with fellow passengers during the evening meal

Freestyle dining allows you to show up whenever you want for dinner. There are no set dining times. You do not get a set table and waiter. You can request to be seated with others, but,,,, since the others will also vary their dining time each night, you may not see eachother other than in the theater.

Lack of a "traditional" dining option is one of the major differences between NCL and other lines. There is apparently a daily solo meeting every day and people will connect for meals there. But if you don't mind answering, I'm curious why you chose an NCL trip if traditional dining with new companions was important to you as a solo traveller? Frankly, I think most people would tell you they opt for NCL because they don't want traditional dining.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Edited by jm485

I have cruised many times and although you meet many folks , the idea of getting together each evening seeks to be an attraction to me. Not many folks are traveling solo , so not having to search for dinner companions on a daily basis seems to work for me. Looking at a trip around the horn of south america and the date works , as no other cruises go at that time

Lack of a "traditional" dining option is one of the major differences between NCL and other lines. There is apparently a daily solo meeting every day and people will connect for meals there. But if you don't mind answering, I'm curious why you chose an NCL trip if traditional dining with new companions was important to you as a solo traveller? Frankly, I think most people would tell you they opt for NCL because they don't want traditional dining.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

My wife and I actually PREFER traditional dining but really like NCL ships and other things they offer. We don't mind Freestyle dining but prefer traditional.

I also recommend that you join your Roll Call and see if you can arrange some group dinners. On our last cruise, we agreed to share a table with others on our first and second nights. We met a couple on the first night that we ended up meeting for dinner several other nights.

Have fun on your cruise!

If you're going to be on one of the newer ships that has the Studio cabins, then you can talk to the Studio Concierge and arrange to eat with other solo cruisers. This can be done if you're staying in one of those cabins or even if you decided to splurge and stay in an upgraded one.