Harmony of the Seas - Couple Questions

Hi there,

My wife and I are on the HOTS July 17th sailing and I had a couple questions for the board:

1) I didn't realize I had the opportunity to book my main dining time each day. This is our first Oasis class cruise. I have booked a few specialty restaurants but am now concerned my main dining experience may be in the buffet if only late times are available. All available reservations are very late for us as we typically eat dinner before 8 PM. Are these pre-cruise main dining reservations necessary?

2) For the day at sea (day 7), I booked Izumi but I see Wonderland has a lot of availability. My wife isn't too adventurous of an eater and I see reviews talking about this being a great restaurant for groups. Is this a romantic restaurant for two love birds? Can they accommodate a less adventurous eater?

3) Any advice on things we should do early in the cruise before they get "found out"? Zip line? Slides? I did book the puzzle on day 1 but haven't read much about it. What else?

4) I booked a DIY wine tasting tour in France. Anyone had luck bringing wine of the ship? We will likely buy a few bottles.

I plan to write a review when we return. Please let me know if there is anything future cruisers are interested in hearing about and I'll do my best to look into it. We are in our mid-forties and do not have children. This site has helped my on many great vacations! Thanks

1: I assume you have my time dining. No advance ressies required although you may have to wait to be seated if it is busy.

2: we love Izumi and it can be quite cozy. I have zero experience or opinion on Wonderland

4: be prepared to have it confiscated and held until the last night of the cruise.

Just off Harmony yesterday. Best food experience of the week was Wonderland. Absolutely amazing. My wife is quite a picky eater and was a little unsure of it before hand, but the waiter we had (Shubert) was brilliant. He explained everything about the dishes and asked about likes and dislikes. He ended up bringing us three main courses to share and also all three desserts. His idea, not ours, too maximise the chances of having something she really enjoyed. End the end we both were very full and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

, but the waiter we had (Shubert) was brilliant.

He is the best! We had him eleven years ago when we was an assistant waiter and have had him as a waiter on a couple of other ships over the years.

Did he happen to say how long he is going to be on? We are on Harmony over US Thanksgiving week and would book wonderland just to have him as a waiter for the night.

, but the waiter we had (Shubert) was brilliant.

He is the best! We had him eleven years ago when we was an assistant waiter and have had him as a waiter on a couple of other ships over the years.

Did he happen to say how long he is going to be on? We are on Harmony over US Thanksgiving week and would book wonderland just to have him as a waiter for the night.

Sorry, never thought to ask how long he would be on board. Was having too great a time. Shubert definitely made the evening. Think it is fair to say he really enjoys the interaction with his diners. He seemed very genuine and certainly the best waiter we have ever encountered on any of our previous four cruises.

QUOTE=chotton;50488202], but the waiter we had (Shubert) was brilliant.

We are also on that sailing. I have an extremely picky DH so have not considered this as an option, but personally would love to try it. If they had a meat and a potato he would be fine. Can't wait for Nov to get here.

Edited by The sea calls my name