Aqua Spa suggestions on Silhouette

dreadnot

IOHO, there are no so called 'bad cabins' on a Celebrity S-Class ship.

oh please.....

there are 6 excellent aqua cabins on the slant (look at a deck plan). Cabins 1547, 1552,1601,1605, 1606, 1610.

I believe two of the cabins may also have window cleaning equipment blocking some of the view...don't have the numbers.

When you book...there is a thread here on S-class cabins...it's a sticky above. open that thread and search for your cabin number...don't worry about the ship as long as it isn't the reflection which is slightly different.

oh please.....

there are 6 excellent aqua cabins on the slant (look at a deck plan). Cabins 1547, 1552,1601,1605, 1606, 1610.

Actually, to complete this list you have to include 1549, 1554, 1599, 1603, 1604, and 1608. They are also on the "slant" hump area that have oversized balconies.

1549/1549 on the port side, and 1552/1554 on the starboard side have a dangling window washing contraption that may or may not be annoying to your view.

Actually, to complete this list you have to include 1549, 1554, 1599, 1603, 1604, and 1608. They are also on the "slant" hump area that have oversized balconies.

1549/1549 on the port side, and 1552/1554 on the starboard side have a dangling window washing contraption that may or may not be annoying to your view.

We were in 1556 & 1558 on Solstice, and out views forward were blocked by the window washing equipment. I wouldn't recommend these cabins either. They are not marked as having obstructed views but do IMHO.

We were in 1606 on the Equinox and would not recommend this cabin if you're sensitive to noise. In fact, all those slant/hump cabins mentioned above are under the pool deck. During the day, the loud music from the pool area can clearly be heard on the balcony. At night (or early morning), heavy feet and chair scraping are regular occurrences. If you're not sensitive to noise, the cabin and huge balcony are worth it. Unfortunately, I am sensitive to sound and did not enjoy that cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were in 1606 on the Equinox and would not recommend this cabin if you're sensitive to noise. In fact, all those slant/hump cabins mentioned above are under the pool deck. During the day, the loud music from the pool area can clearly be heard on the balcony. At night (or early morning), heavy feet and chair scraping are regular occurrences. If you're not sensitive to noise, the cabin and huge balcony are worth it. Unfortunately, I am sensitive to sound and did not enjoy that cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Most all of the aqua cabins are in sub-optimal places with potential noise from above. Since you are running that risk anyway, why not have a bigger balcony.

We used to sail aqua exclusively until we discovered the S Class 1A cabins and decided that the premium $'s being asked for aqua was more than we were willing to pay.....10 night cruise in the Caribbean was $600 more pp for a2 than 1A. Heck...for $29pp per day we could eat at the specialty restaurants for every dinner.

Edited by ghstudio

a disturbing thing is the number of strongly negative reviews for , food and service in the site reviews, more for the Baltic cruises than the Caribbean cruises. That , to me , is disturbing, and is makingme think about maybe trying the Princess Regal instead

a disturbing thing is the number of strongly negative reviews for , food and service in the site reviews, more for the Baltic cruises than the Caribbean cruises. That , to me , is disturbing, and is makingme think about maybe trying the Princess Regal instead

Which sites?

This is here on CC:

Celebrity Silhouette Ratings

80% of cruisers loved it out of 912 reviews.

We first sailed Princess in 1992, our last time was in 2012 and did not come close to the overall experience of Celebrity.

And yes, reviews can be skewed. Good Luck.

Don't be put off by negative reviews. Some folks like different things and many, if not most, of the folks here who have good/excellent food/service don't talk about it since that's what they expected and received.

We have had some bad meals in Blu, but by far they have been good to excellent. It's a nicer, quieter dining area....and they serve a great breakfast. We've also had some pretty bad meals in the Main dining room.....so don't let a few, even if their complaints/comments are valid for a specific cruise, put you off booking aqua. Celebrity meals at their worst are better than princess :)

Edited by ghstudio

We like our Aqua cabin to be just forward of the Library. We have not had any problems with noise from above. The other option is the A2 cabins on Deck 11. They have cabins above and below. You will get more sun in the A2 cabins than the A1 cabins. We have had many Aqua cabins but they have been all A1's.

Thinking of a Dec cruise , Eastern Carribean on Silhouette. We like the Summit and Constellation Aqua cabins. Any cabins on Silhouette better than others ,any to avoid? Thanks

Look at the deck plan on deck 12. we had a room under the pool area and it sounded like they were moving furniture all night. we were in mid ship I think cabin 1591 also the corner cabins at the ends of mid ship are obstructed with window washing equiptment

Thinking of a Dec cruise , Eastern Carribean on Silhouette. We like the Summit and Constellation Aqua cabins. Any cabins on Silhouette better than others ,any to avoid? Thanks

Thanks to some great advice from this board we booked 1542 for our October 2017 Western Med cruise on the Silly. Under the hair salon and no overhang which would block out the sun. We want sun, not shade. Rooms further aft have the over hang from the deck above...if you want shade. Also, easy access to the Aqua Spa Café with the nearby stairs. Love going up there for coffee and a muffin to watch the sun come up and the world go by whilst my DW gets a few more winks

1542 has the sofa near the balcony, 1540 has the sofa on the bathroom side of the bed..

Cheers,

OHP