Steakhouse Serving Question

Pamm4151

Thanks Bookbug53. Those portions are not very big at all.

HMMM, anyone have pictures of the meat portions? Specifically the ribeye and/or the filet?

Thanks!

I don't have pictures, but the filet is definitely a good size portion. Remember, you're also getting an appetizer, salad (or another appetizer), side dishes, bread (far better than what is served in the MDR), and dessert. You are not going to leave hungry. In fact, most people leave feeling stuffed to the gills.

Absolutely feel stuffed! The portions may not be over-sized but they make up for it with all the above mentioned items going along with these entrees. I was thankful to have a smaller portion after the app, salad, bread, wine, more wine...oh and dessert. The desserts are big!

One of my favorites is the double cut lamb chops. Never knew I would actually carry out leftovers from a cruise ship restaurant. :o

1797582_944281215599458_8910832497825514421_n.jpg?oh=3c94f39a9a7099128140b33430026fb7&oe=57F2269F

Absolutely feel stuffed! The portions may not be over-sized but they make up for it with all the above mentioned items going along with these entrees. I was thankful to have a smaller portion after the app, salad, bread, wine, more wine...oh and dessert. The desserts are big!

One of my favorites is the double cut lamb chops. Never knew I would actually carry out leftovers from a cruise ship restaurant. :o

1797582_944281215599458_8910832497825514421_n.jpg?oh=3c94f39a9a7099128140b33430026fb7&oe=57F2269F

Thank you

Now I'm hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks Bookbug53. Those portions are not very big at all.

HMMM, anyone have pictures of the meat portions? Specifically the ribeye and/or the filet?

Thanks!

The filet mignon is a nice 10 oz no fat no cholesterol piece of meat. The lobster tail entree is a similar 10 oz or so size. In the surf and turf, the portions are roughly halved.

I prefer the larger filet mignon, simply because it's easier to cook medium rare than a smaller slab of meat.

Edited by evandbob

The filet mignon is a nice 10 oz no fat no cholesterol piece of meat. The lobster tail entree is a similar 10 oz or so size. In the surf and turf, the portions are roughly halved.

I prefer the larger filet mignon, simply because it's easier to cook medium rare than a smaller slab of meat.

"3 oz. filet mignon has a little less total fat than sirloin, but is slightly higher in cholesterol, with 7.5 grams of total fat per 3 oz., 3 grams of saturated fat and 79 milligrams of cholesterol"

I think it would be difficult (though not impossible) to find any beef that does not contain some level of cholesterol?

Can't claim expertise as the closest I come to red meat is my occasional lamb!

For those who have not tried the steakhouse, if you leave hungry then it must take an awful lot of food to fill you up! :p

I can eat quite a bit, but after the steakhouse I always feel like i have had way too much. :)