Kids' Soda Package

hkbragg

Does anyone know if the kid's soda package allows them to get virgin drinks - like a Shirley Temple or virgin strawberry daiquiri? The fine print does not mention that, but when I booked the room our consultant said it did, so I am a bit confused.

Has anyone had any personal experience with this and might be able to tell me if it's possible?

No. (see below) (possible exception is shirley temples)

Children's Soda Program (ages 12 and under)

$5.50USDper person/day

ITEM #: UBPKS

Give the gift of endless fountain soda throughout their cruise.

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda. The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $5.50 USD per person per day x Cruise Days plus 18% gratuity and beverage service charge.

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

An 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added at checkout.

My kids were able to get Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers during our cruise at any bar they went to. They are just 7UP or Cola with grenadine.

I don't think virgin daquiris are included, though. TBH, we never asked.

This was our experience also on the Gem and it does not include an virgin frozen drinks. A splash of grenadine is no problem though.

• 6 months later...

I am pretty sure my son got a non alcoholic daiquiri or two on our Alaskan cruise on the Pearl. I had UBP and he had the corresponding soda package and was not charged. Could be that the bartender was just being nice. My younger son (who did not have the soda package) ordered one once and was charged $4, I think.

How does the kids soda plan work? Does my child have to be standing next to me to get his drink? For example, if he's in the pool do I have to drag him out to get in line, or can I just go and show his card and get it for him?

Thanks!

Assuming that you have either UBP or a soda card too, you can just go up and order two drinks. One for you and one for him with just your card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your quick response.

I don't drink soda, so I won't buy the card for myself. We will wait til we get on the boat to buy it for him. So, does anyone know how that would work if I don't have one but he does? Can I order it for him?

Thanks!

With the soda package you get a refillable cup. You just bring that up and get refilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums