Eastern or western...splendor or glory... So many choices

Ok fellow cruise critic cruisers, I am having some difficulty choosing between and 8 day Western carribean with stops in Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay,Belize, and cozemel aboard the carnival glory. OR a 6 day aboard the Carnival splendor. Going to Nassau, Half moon cay , Amber cove and Grand turk. There is less then a hundred dollar difference between the two. What is the better ship? better itnereary ? I have been to the bahamas and dont mind going back if that is the better option. I should also mention we are having our wedding on board (technically getting married prior to leaving)

I would choose 8 days over 6 days without a blink of an eye! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I agree with this. This one isn't close. Eight day for sure. Also, never been on the Splendor but I liked the Glory. Going on her again in December.

Edited by Hoosierpop

Glory is a gorgeous boat, not so over-the-top bright colors and lights like some other ships.

We just did the Glory and the Western itinerary last year in August (was supposted to be eastern but a hurricane made it change). We had already done all the ports before but it was no biggie to do them again, I just booked excursions we hadn't done before.

my photos here: http://www.rnrscuba.net/2015_GLORY/CarnivalGlory_Aug2015.html

Its a toss up here also. 8 days is better then 6. But the eastern itinerary on the 6 day is better. Would choose the 8 day. We have sailed Glory 4 times with a 5th cuming up its a really nice ship. Congratulations, have a great cruise.

Of course, I would pick the 8 day, more bang for your buck. :) But I love the Splendor, the retractable roof is over the main pool and jumbo tv screen, so if there is bad weather, they will close it up and you can still watch the nightly movies out on deck in a lounge chair, or whatever late night party they might have. :) Not a fan of Nassau, but the other stops are good. HMC is amazing. I've been all over and seriously, I have never seen such beautiful sand. Like powdered sugar.

Enjoy whatever you pick and congrats!

Just got off the western Glory trip last weekend. Loved it. Loved the stops much more than Bahamas (though haven't been to Grand Turk and Amber Cove).

Don't know when you're going, but the Cruise Director and staff on Glory were awesome - I know there is a change with the CD coming up in the future, but don't remember how far out that was.

Congrats on the wedding as well!

• 2 weeks later...

I've done most of those ports on the Glory(they do Western & Eastern cruises) and I would say that it depends on what you enjoy doing more. Do you like lazy beach days at gorgeous locations or do you like a little more adventure? The Eastern ports you mentioned are mostly beach type ports where the Western offers many different choices. I enjoyed the Western because it gave me a little bit of both. A couple of beach days and a couple of "adventurous" excursions! Either way, congratulations, great way to start out your marriage!