Can 2 reservations be made for same cruise?

Iamthesea

Will Celebrity allow a second reservation, with the same 2 passengers names, for the same cruise, but book different stateroom categories? Seems I have seen this discussed on this forum before and it was a "can do" ;).

Here's why... My daughter and I currently have a Sky Suite booked for a 5 day cruise coming up next spring. We booked the SS because another daughter (both are teachers) could join us and we feel we would need more room with a 3 passenger.

DD #2 is iffy on joining us because she would be leaving a then 4 year old and a 7-8 month old with school daycare, her DH, and other grandparents living nearby. In the past, she has joined us twice for the mother/daughter cruises and would like to go again. There is also a cousin mother/daughter involved with these cruises. She cruised without her son when he was almost a year old. Left him with school daycare, her DH, and other grandparents. It was also a 5 day cruise. Then she cruised without him again for a 7 day when he was 2. :cool: So please let's not get in a discussion about whether she should leave her children or not. That's her decision.:)

What I would like to do is book a second cabin in a lower category (AQ) in case DD #2 does not join us. Of course, she would have to make her decision when final payment is due (which I am not positive of when that will be with the new payment rules. We booked before they went into affect, but another booking would be after.) :rolleyes:

Reasons for downsizing with just 2 passengers:

We do not need the extra room.

The difference in price for 2 passengers is currently $570pp. That could pay for our flights to San Juan.

Yes, we would be giving up the 4 perks with booking a Suite, but with the current promo, we could get 2 perks in the AQ, plus more OBC for booking through our TA.

What do y'all think..anyone had 2 reservations for the same cruise?

I have recently done it (this past January) when I was deciding between a Sky Suite or an Aqua Class Room and the Go Bigger Go Best promotion was running out. You just need to be careful with the reservation (be able to get back you deposit within the specified # of days per the cruise line policy). Also, some travel agents may charge a processing fee for a cancellation regardless of the Cruise Line's policy. In other words, you need to pay attention to all fees in any transaction if you decide to do this. Good luck.

I've been cautioned that you can hold 2 rooms under the same name, but X may cancel one one of the reservations at their discretion. The way around this is what someone else already suggested, book two rooms using different names (e.g., Room #1 in your name, Room #2 in DD's name).

One note though, I've been told you pay the prevailing rate when you add the 2nd guest (this was not clarified for me whether it was both guests reprice at the prevailing rate, or just the new pax gets priced at the prevailing rate - I've always dealt with price drops so far <knock on wood>).

Also may be worth pricing what the 2 rooms might cost for a Veranda class and the opposite interior room across the hallway - stick DD#2 who is iffy in the interior for the booking and then you can always drop her room before final payment if she decides to cancel. Two bathrooms may be better than 1 larger bathroom from the SS if you have 3 people trying to coordinate schedules for morning/evening events. You can usu. also upgrade pretty easily if you find that it's just you and DD#1 and you end up wanting to move up to CC/AQ/Suite category based on pricing and final travel plans.

Thank you,jb008 for the information on prevailing rates. Good point! Hopefully, the rates will go down, but one never knows. I'll be sure and check on that.

I thought about adding the 3rd passenger when we booked, but did not want to have to pay another deposit for her. LOL

In regards to veranda rooms and Insides, etc. We prefer to be together. Part of the fun on the cruise is being in the same room. :D We just wish that the staterooms were large enough for all 5 of us...with 2-3 bathrooms!

I have recently done it (this past January) when I was deciding between a Sky Suite or an Aqua Class Room and the Go Bigger Go Best promotion was running out. You just need to be careful with the reservation (be able to get back you deposit within the specified # of days per the cruise line policy). Also, some travel agents may charge a processing fee for a cancellation regardless of the Cruise Line's policy. In other words, you need to pay attention to all fees in any transaction if you decide to do this. Good luck.

Yes, our travel agent does charge for a cancelation, but I think they would wave it under the circumstances. I would be sure to confirm that. ;)

Keep in mind that you will be dining in to different restaurants.

AQ - in BLU.

Why don't you just use your D#2 name on the reservation and you can add or remove another person at any time if need it.

We prefer to eat in Blu over Luminae. The other party would be in AQ, as well. Last year, we were in a Suite, and the other party in a standard veranda, so we had to eat together in the MDR. We did eat our breakfast separately, so my daughters and I ate in both Luminae and Blu each of the mornings.

And in addtion to what I said above about paying a 3rd person deposit, if DD#2 is not traveling, there is no need to pay $1000 extra to be in the Suite. I want to have an AQ option while the promo is still on.

Thank you for all the suggestions and knowledge. ;) I am going to talk to the others tonight.

Edited by Iamthesea

Last year I added a person to my reservation - was in AQ1 on our Transatlantic cruise last November - I was booked as SOLO and only had to pay port charges for a second person - no price difference in fare.

Edited by ISABELLA

I recently added another guest into a cabin originally booked solo. I was past final pay date and,like the previous poster, had to pay only another set of taxes, but that was completely expected.

I've got two reservations for the same cruise. One in a Sky Suite booked with our TA, and another booked on the Celebrity website when they ran a $25 deposit promo. The second booking is in a standard balcony. Once we decide which room type we want to settle on, I'll cancel the one we're not going to use.

I told my DD#1 about the plan tonight. She wants to stay in the SS no matter what. I told her that we would be saving $1000, but she doesn't seem to care. She is suppose to be paying her way, but you know how that goes. :rolleyes: She also says that she is pretty sure that DD#2 will not want to leave the children and go with us. Well, she has a few months to decide. ;)

I need to call the CC to make final on a cruise. I will ask them about adding a 3rd after final payment and see what they say about rate changes. I do realize that if we wait too late, there may not be capacity on the ship.

BTW- I tried to do a mock booking online and Celebrity says that the deposit would be $200. Would that be 50% off? 50% off deposits is the current promo.

I told my DD#1 about the plan tonight. She wants to stay in the SS no matter what. I told her that we would be saving $1000, but she doesn't seem to care. She is suppose to be paying her way, but you know how that goes. :rolleyes: She also says that she is pretty sure that DD#2 will not want to leave the children and go with us. Well, she has a few months to decide. ;)

I need to call the CC to make final on a cruise. I will ask them about adding a 3rd after final payment and see what they say about rate changes. I do realize that if we wait too late, there may not be capacity on the ship.

BTW- I tried to do a mock booking online and Celebrity says that the deposit would be $200. Would that be 50% off? 50% off deposits is the current promo.

The SS is pretty solid, and would be much more comfortable especially if the 3rd adult joins in (larger balcony, not sure if you can get a 3rd chair though; larger bathroom). The 4 perks are nice, not necessarily worth the MSRP, but def. nice.

Last year I added a person to my reservation - was in AQ1 on our Transatlantic cruise last November - I was booked as SOLO and only had to pay port charges for a second person - no price difference in fare.

Yes I have had the same experience at least five times. I have never paid "prevailing rate".

Yes I have had the same experience at least five times. I have never paid "prevailing rate".

To clarify, I was working with a TA who told me the prevailing rate thing... it may not be the same directly w/X, and it may not even be 100% correct w/the TA (but it's what he told me as of about 4 months ago).

Talked to the Captains Club. She said the 3 rd person rate would be the only thing added/changed. The 2nd and 3rd would pay the original rate and keep their perks. Again, there would have to be room with the ship's capacity, and the 3rd person perk may not be available at the time of booking.

The SS is pretty solid, and would be much more comfortable especially if the 3rd adult joins in (larger balcony, not sure if you can get a 3rd chair though; larger bathroom). The 4 perks are nice, not necessarily worth the MSRP, but def. nice.

We have stayed in the stateroom previously. :)