Carnival Magic sold out July 30 Sailing😒

im4clowns

We are booked on the July 30th sailing. So excited. Can't wait.

I have a sister with Down's syndrome who I was going to surprise and take her with us. Call my agent and they are booked. Wish it wasn't so!

Guess I will need to plan another cruise and take her. 😀

I have a sister with Down's syndrome who I was going to surprise and take her with us. Call my agent and they are booked. Wish it wasn't so!

Guess I will need to plan another cruise and take her. 😀

Keep watching someone may try and cancel.

We have a Nov cruise on the Magic and it is sold out.

Guess I will need to plan another cruise and take her.

Not understanding the purpose of this post. Why would you wait to book someone on a cruise 2 weeks away? Would your cabin have been able to add another person?

Guess I will need to plan another cruise and take her.

My sister & I will also be on the July 30th cruise. It will be my first time on Magic, so I'm excited.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be able to take your sister.

Our cruise on the Magic is the following week and not sold out yet. This does explain why I haven't seen any price drops yet. Obviously they're not having any trouble selling cabins in that time frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not understanding the purpose of this post. Why would you wait to book someone on a cruise 2 weeks away? Would your cabin have been able to add another person?

I don't understand the purpose of your post..... The thread has already developed some suggestions for OP and what business is it of yours why she decided take her sister at the last minute?

I don't understand the purpose of your post..... The thread has already developed some suggestions for OP and what business is it of yours why she decided take her sister at the last minute?

Why you ask? All the post said was she couldn't book her so she'll have to book another. She didn't ask for the suggestions because she wouldn't be dumb enough to have not thought of options already.

Why you ask? All the post said was she couldn't book her so she'll have to book another. She didn't ask for the suggestions because she wouldn't be dumb enough to have not thought of options already.

Not arguing with you in any way :)

Dumbness has nothing to do with it. It's ignorance, meaning that in the nicest way possible. Just simply not knowing. One can be the smartest person in the world and still be ignorant. Though some do try to know everything.

Edited by SadieN

I'm with Ruthless on this one .. I don't understand the reason for the post.

And the reason why it's my business?? Cause the OP made it my business by posting it.

I don't think it's intuitively obvious that because a sailing if full two weeks out that it might not be necessary full the next day. And I also thought the post that said a last minute opening of this nature would be expensive would be news to some (I think many incorrectly assume that a last minute deals are great deals).

And just because a person posts they want to do something does not make it our business as to why they want to do it and I found the tone of the question offensive even though it was not directed at me. If I was talking to certain family members about an upcoming cruise and they said "that sounds fun, wish I could come" I'd might be inclined to see I could make that happen. Doesn't make me a bad person for not thinking of it when I booked myself, but the question implies it does.

I don't think it's intuitively obvious that because a sailing if full two weeks out that it might not be necessary full the next day. And I also thought the post that said a last minute opening of this nature would be expensive would be news to some (I think many incorrectly assume that a last minute deals are great deals).

And just because a person posts they want to do something does not make it our business as to why they want to do it and I found the tone of the question offensive even though it was not directed at me. If I was talking to certain family members about an upcoming cruise and they said "that sounds fun, wish I could come" I'd might be inclined to see I could make that happen. Doesn't make me a bad person for not thinking of it when I booked myself, but the question implies it does.

You are reading the first post too deeply. Perhaps if the last sentence had a smilie after it, you might have gotten the gist of the post.

No, I know the purpose of your post was to debase a person who was disappointed to find out she could not book an extra family member on her cruise two weeks out. But, since you said you had no ill intentions, I thought you might want to clarify your position.

Must say you're kind of thin skinned for someone who appointed himself the arbiter of what an acceptable question is on this board and the acceptable time to add a family member to a booking.

Edited by nealstuber

I'm with Ruthless on this one .. I don't understand the reason for the post.

And the reason why it's my business?? Cause the OP made it my business by posting it.

I believe OP is sharing her excitement for the cruise, but disappointment she cant find room for her sister at the last minute. Nothing confusing.

Cant people just share a thought here?

Edited by bingomamma19

I believe OP is sharing her excitement for the cruise, but disappointment she cant find room for her sister at the last minute. Nothing confusing.

Cant people just share a thought here?

I think IndyDenise was just agreeing with me, not chastising.

Not knowing the level of functioning of the sister, I would be concerned that the sister could be in a cabin by herself and be considered safe. If a cabin could be found it could be on a different deck and/or different part of the ship. Would the sister be able to find her way around in this situation?

Could the OP possibly call her PVP and ask if they could be moved to a larger cabin in order to accommodate one more person? There are often only 2 people booked in a cabin that is made for 3 or 4 and could possibly be bumped out.

Only problem I had with these post was that the op had to say her sister had downs syndrome. Why was that included.

Were we all supposed to go aghhhh, no fair not letting a person with downs syndrome squeeze on the boat?

If I had made the post, I would not have said my sister, who is perfectly normal in all regards. So why does this op want to label her sister when what her sisters condition is matters not one whit to any of us.