Boarding Time

Little London

I've never boarded in Venice, but in most places, I've never seen/heard any comments about being too early.

Hotel checkout is a problem for going to a cruise. Unless you want to store everything at the hotel while you wander around a bit, you pretty much have to get out and get going. So why not go to the ship, that's what most people do.

I agree with Hattie. Enjoy a few hours in Venice. There is a spot you can store your luggage in Piazzale Roma for a few hours. There's no rush to board. You can check in a little later than your stated boarding time. Hop on one of the vaporetto from Piazzale Roma and enjoy a boat ride along the Grand Canal.

I also agree with Hattie. Enjoy Venice. Unfortunately we've had a lot of bad experiences with Cunard's boarding, very bad chaos and delays. Bear in mind never in Venice. Nevertheless, I would never arrive early. They seem to not be able to handle early crowds at all. I would arrive at my assigned time, or even a bit later.

Recent reviews complain about delayed boarding. Cunard and other cruise lines suggest boarding times, staggering arrival times. If passengers choose to ignore their appointed boarding time and converge at the terminal as early as possible, well then everyone can expect delays. Crowded waiting areas are also a security and heath concern. But popular advice remains to show up whenever.

Bon voyage,

Salacia