Meet and greet

Stanley

From my understanding Cruise Critic has no formal relationship with NCL like they do with other cruise lines. If you email passenger courtesy at NCL they will at least suggest a time and reserve a place for your meeting. On many of the ships they will send reps from the crew to talk with your group. On our last cruise on the Star we had the hotel manager, kitchen manager, and the cruise director talk with us. I have heard of NCL occassionally providing snacks, and offering tours of the Garden Villas....but that isn't something that should be expected, just enjoyed if offered.

If you post what ship you are on someone hear can probably give you the correct persons name for your ship to contact and an email address.

On the STAR the contact person was Jennifer Hoadley... I have her email address on another computer and can get it for you later if you are cruising on the STAR.

Hello,

I had to email NCL to arrange a Meet and Greet for our little group on the November 6th sailing of the Sun out of Houston. However, all they offered was a room at a specific time. No one to come down to talk to us. No food and No fluids. It was suggested to me if I wanted to provide fluids to my group ... it would be at the cost of $1.70 per can of soda!!:( I said, No thanks. I was deeply disappointed .. but will make the best of it by at least having a moment to meet new people and make new friends!

Does anyone know if Cruise Critic has a Cruise Critic Party/Meet and Greet. If not, does NCL do one for it's ships. Our roll call has more than enough people to arrange one.

I've arranged one for 1/23/06 on the Dawn.

Thiis is the second one. Lant one January 2005.

Send an e-mail to NCCL clreyes@ncl.com. She should be able to help.

Barbara

Hello,

I had to email NCL to arrange a Meet and Greet for our little group on the November 6th sailing of the Sun out of Houston. However, all they offered was a room at a specific time. No one to come down to talk to us. No food and No fluids. It was suggested to me if I wanted to provide fluids to my group ... it would be at the cost of $1.70 per can of soda!!:( I said, No thanks. I was deeply disappointed .. but will make the best of it by at least having a moment to meet new people and make new friends!

When I have arranged get togethers, they responded by email with the meeting location and time and asked how many guests. Then, when we arrived in the room there was coffee, juice, tea and water. Officers showed up too. Also, upon boarding, there was a letter in our stateroom asking us to call to confirm that the group still wanted to get together.

Hello,

Cruisin from MN..!

Geez, the impression I got was that nothing would be provided.. I even asked. She said that they do not "cater" the Meet and Greet. All I was aksing for was what you suggested. Was this on the Sun that you had such great service. How do I get the coffee, etc and staff to visit..???

How did they know to put a letter in your stateroom..? She never asked me which cabin I was in.. or my name or anything. Never asked the names of any of the others as well. I am panicked now.. geez what if I am telling everone we have a meet and greet and there isn't one after all!??? yikes. I emailed 7 times .. and received 4 answers to my questions. Each time with a negative; except for telling me that we are in the Observation Deck Lounge on the day we sail at 5-7pm. thats it!:eek:

When we had our meet and greet on the Dawn 1/9/05 sailing, it was confirmed through e-mail. We found the Star bar which was the assigned location stocked with juice, water, coffee, tea, cookies. The Hotel manager, Asst. Hotel Manager, Concierge, Beverage manager, group coordinator cruise director and others attended.

What did the email say?? I am so curious as to how this could be handled better>>> so far Just getting them to respond has been like pulling teeth.. It would seem that other ships ie the Dawn .. the staff is more helpful.. I am not getting that same action with the staff on the Sun.. help!!:confused:

I have been on two NCL cruises. At the meet and greet on the Dawn there were about 25 or so people in Dazzles and we had refreshments and a crew visit. On the Sun, there were about 12 of us and we were given one of the small meeting rooms off the cigar bar. We had nothing but the room. Perhaps it's a function of the number of people. :confused:

It appears to be solely up to the individual ship.. We had coffee, juice, and cookies on the Sea. We had nothing on the Dream.. It is true NCL does not have to do anything special for you,, just seems some ships do, some ships don't.. The numbers apparently has nothing to do with it. We had 7 CC members on the Sea, we had 17 on the Dream..

I asked if it was possible to have refreshments (e.g. coffee) at our meeting on the Dream this summer and was told, no. The Captain, Hotel Director and Group Organiser (?) did come along and chat to us for a short while.

Hello,

Cruisin from MN..!

except for telling me that we are in the Observation Deck Lounge on the day we sail at 5-7pm. thats it!:eek:

when I set up our cc meeting last cruise I had no expectations, was not told that anyone else besides our group would be there-I just asked for a location and I suggested a time-

we were met by many officers and had a nice spread set out for us-continental breakfast like.

It really wasn't necessary to have all that food-you know how much food there always is on a cruise-but the setup exceeded anything we could have had.

So perhaps you'll be surprised at what develops at your get together-

the main thing is "the get together"-it was so nice to put faces to everyone we'd been chatting with for months.

Hello,

I must say up front .. thank you all for all your encouragement to do the best I could do .. and you have all be very helpful and good to be there to talk to ! Thank you !

Yes it would appear you were mildly correct in suggesting I would be surprised. I just received a note from the cust serv person Ms G.. who said she would forward our request.. and try to set up a room??? I was thinking to myself...like.. what????? you have already emailed me with a confirmation with a room and time.. what is this.. ?

In that same note she mentioned all that she could offer was ice water. I said in my response .. If that is all you can offer. we graciously accept.. and that i am terribly disappointed in this whole affair.

If I had my druthers right at this point.. after all the disappointing and disgruntling moments with the Customer Service Dept of NCL . .I would demand my $$ back right now.. and never set foot on one of their ships again.. and I would do all that was humanly possible to dissuade everyone I come across not to ever cruise with them again.. I am furious..

and of course I am venting.. so please forgive.. but not every cruise exposure is sweet.

I told my fellow CC on our thread. bring a book. some fav treats .. a bathing suit and be prepared for the "squeeze at the pool" since we may have yet lost yet another port and may be bringing us down to a port or two depending on the seas at Belize.

And I wish all others .. Good Luck! May your Meet and Greet be the best!

Archived