Early saver

abby1257

Early Saver always qualifies for more price drops up to 2 days before sailing.

Keep in mind, that if you see a better rate for the room, it has to be better than the total fare you got.

For simplicity sake, say the fare per person is $1000 and the OBC is $50 per person.

If you see a fare later that is $975, with no OBC you would be losing money. The original will be considered in their system as $950 for purposes of price drops... You would need to find a fare that is under $950 for it to be cheaper and get it applied.

Got it! Confirm...if we get $200.00 (per cabin, 100 each I am assuming) the actual original cruise portion (not including taxes etc) must drop over 100 to even break even...hmmm what would the chances be that will happen ....

If I book a cruise now, Early Saver, with onboard credits (if I pay in full NOW)...DO I STILL QUALIFY for more onboard credits if the rate drops (even though I have paid in full)..thx

Yes, but since you are getting OBC as part of the deal, you will lose that if you book a lower fare. So your new price drop will need to be more than the OBC you receive now. I just booked and got $200 OBC. If I see a lower fare, I will lose the $200 OBC. For me, a new price drop will need to be more than $200 to be worth it.

After you have paid in full, if a lower rate comes up that you want to take advantage of it will be paid in OBC.

I just changed our January 2017 Sunshine cruise to the ES with $200 OBC :) With less than 6 months to sail date, I don't believe the price will drop more than $200 per cabin to justify changing :D

And here is when the gambling may come in..you may see small price drops like $50, but then there may be more smaller ones that start adding up until you cruise. Do you take the chance or keep your $200 OBC.

If you have a cabin that there aren't very many of, the chances of price drops could be rarer. And if your cruise is close, you might be OK...once final payments are due, you may see more cabins available and prices dropping.

Good luck

Even though they don't change much port taxes do count.

if the new price has a higher port tax, You will pay the new higher price.

If it drops the same thing.

The one thing about port taxes, if they do drop everyone on the ship will get the difference in OBC even if they don't have ES

In our experience, our Mexico cruise in January there was never a price drop, however our upcoming Mediterranean cruise we ended up with slightly over $1000 in price drops and have upgraded from OV to Balcony for less than the original price of the cruise, but our Hawaiian cruise in 2017 the price keeps going up and is now $400 more than we booked for it, and because it is a Journeys cruise it is booking up quickly so we don't expect to see a price drop on it. I have no idea why we book ES, but we do.

In our experience, our Mexico cruise in January there was never a price drop, however our upcoming Mediterranean cruise we ended up with slightly over $1000 in price drops and have upgraded from OV to Balcony for less than the original price of the cruise, but our Hawaiian cruise in 2017 the price keeps going up and is now $400 more than we booked for it, and because it is a Journeys cruise it is booking up quickly so we don't expect to see a price drop on it. I have no idea why we book ES, but we do.

Historically our West Coast cruises rarely, if ever, go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Living on the west coast, I've done several cruises out of Long Beach and San Diego.... I concur. Rarely a price drop on west coast departures. Sometimes we get a resident rate that is lower... for us it really depends on what type of benefit there is to book E.S. For example, when we take our adult children and their families, as a Christmas gift (11 passengers total), we typically watch for a reduced deposit sale!