Prohibition event on Allure?

Hi! Wil be on Allure July 31 and are wondering if someone could review the Prohibition Event? It looks like fun, but would love to hear how it was from someone that has been? Pics would also be great! TIA

We went on the Oasis last year and had a great time. The cost includes light appetizers and two types of drinks served in tea cups. They have a few games etc, I think it depends on the crowd. We had a great group and made it fun, but I could see some might think it's not worth the money. If you plan on going, then by all means dress up, it makes it more fun. We are going on the Allure in the fall, and are participating again.

Edited by cruisinwithmaandpa

We did this on the Allure a few years ago and had a great time. They had a Jazz band and employees dressed in appropriate era costumes. They 'played' along as if it really was a speakeasy. We dressed up. Having had plenty of time to do it, I bought hubby a 'roaring 20's gangster' outfit the day after Halloween and I made a flapper outfit for myself. We got lucky as there was a balloon artist on the ship that week and hubby causally asked if he ever made balloon machine guns. And he did. Got to find out that night hubby loves Jazz. Never knew that about him. We danced, laughed and had a good time. Lot's of folks didn't come in costume. A number did. Funny thing was as we were waiting to go in, there were people in line asking why we were in costume. All they knew was they were going to a Jazz show. LOL

Erika

Hi! Wil be on Allure July 31 and are wondering if someone could review the Prohibition Event? It looks like fun, but would love to hear how it was from someone that has been? Pics would also be great! TIA

I heard they would be enforcing the alcohol ban for realism

Edited by troykahack