Just about…

holacanada

It is sad to see people with their nose in an electronic device and missing the beauty of the world around them or having an actual conversation with someone. Do we really need Pokémon Go on a ship - please NO.

Why do people need to check their Facebook/email or play Candy Crush while walking thru a beautiful city like Cadiz? Was on a HOHO in Melbourne Australia and the couple sitting in front of me never looked out the window and actually sent emails to each other.... what a waste. There is a time and a place for electronics.

Sorry - the rant is over.

It is sad to see people with their nose in an electronic device and missing the beauty of the world around them or having an actual conversation with someone. Do we really need Pokémon Go on a ship - please NO.

Why do people need to check their Facebook/email or play Candy Crush while walking thru a beautiful city like Cadiz? Was on a HOHO in Melbourne Australia and the couple sitting in front of me never looked out the window and actually sent emails to each other.... what a waste. There is a time and a place for electronics.

Sorry - the rant is over.

We totally agree. I can see checking in to be sure all is ok at home or connecting if required by work ... otherwise I can't see the total absorption with the electronics 24/7 at the exclusion of all else. Our middle school aged GD really doesn't get why I ask her to put her phone up while we eat a meal (she can get it out as soon as we're done) She's not keen on spending the night with us since we have a no phones in the bedroom at night policy. We don't want to be responsible for any mischief she may get into during middle of the night texting.

We've told our son that if something at home happens that we can't do anything about while on the cruise - don't tell us until we're back on land.

We totally agree. I can see checking in to be sure all is ok at home or connecting if required by work ... otherwise I can't see the total absorption with the electronics 24/7 at the exclusion of all else. Our middle school aged GD really doesn't get why I ask her to put her phone up while we eat a meal (she can get it out as soon as we're done) She's not keen on spending the night with us since we have a no phones in the bedroom at night policy. We don't want to be responsible for any mischief she may get into during middle of the night texting.

We've told our son that if something at home happens that we can't do anything about while on the cruise - don't tell us until we're back on land.

I'm with you on this.. Once asked my adult Grand daughter to put away her I-Phone while we were having dinner..;)

Fortunately, they all now understand that they should not bring their electronics to the dinner table when they are at our house, but as soon as we are finished eating they go back to them..:eek:[

I hesitate to say anything as don't want them to feel unwanted../SIZE]

Pokemon Go requires a Strong Wi-Fi or network connection to play. I suspect that will rule out successful play on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by sapete