Upgrading drink package

Has anyone been successful at upgrading your drink package after you already purchased a lower level package? I know Royal Caribbean website says you can - but the online portal isn't allowing me to. So, just wondering if it is just me - or if you really need to contact them to do it for you instead of going about it online. Thank you!

Edited by vacation_mommy

Has anyone been successful at upgrading your drink package after you already purchased a lower level package?

Do you mean a package that you PAID for?

You just cancel the first package and book the other.

If you mean a package that is included as a promotion, then yes, people successfully upgrade those all the time.

Do you mean a package that you PAID for?

You just cancel the first package and book the other.

If you mean a package that is included as a promotion, then yes, people successfully upgrade those all the time.

No - the one I paid for. I keep getting an error message when I try to cancel it - so I was curious if it was a known "issue". I will try again tomorrow, and maybe call them if I need to. Thank you!

I was told that the package coming along as a perk can only be upgraded onboard.

I would have liked to utilize the 20 % off promo for premium, since I got select as a perk but it cannot be sone beforehand. Which is a pity since the suggested price for select in my invoice is more than the current premium with the 20 % discounf.

No - the one I paid for. I keep getting an error message when I try to cancel it - so I was curious if it was a known "issue". I will try again tomorrow, and maybe call them if I need to. Thank you!

If you added the package using Royal's website, you should be able to cancel it using the website, as long it is far enough in advance of your cruise, which I think is 3 or 4 days.