Reservations @ Carambola is not going well

mitsugirly

I have filled out the form online with their sight and when I hit "submit" I got an instant flash with a blank white page with one line saying "Your reservation was booked successfully!" and that was it. It was really weird.

There has been on confirmation sent to me via email.

So, I decided to do the "contact" on the website telling them that I had booked and wanted to make sure that they received it and that they understand it's for 2 chairs and an umbrella (since there was no actual option for this on the booking, but merely looked like booking for the restaurant).

NO ANSWER

So, I emailed from another posting on here saying to use Daislyn Sharpe dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com.

Once again NO ANSWER.

Any others suggestions? I hate to just show up. I'm a planner and like to have things confirmed. I guess if worse came to worse, if we show up and there's no room left we could always walk down the beach to Shipwreck. :p

Daisylyn can take up to a week before you hear back from her unless she no longer handles reservations. I would keep trying.

Maryann

So then I should wait a week and then send it to her again if I haven't heard anything yet?

I tried for weeks and they finally responded

Oh gosh, that's not very appealing or good customer service if you ask me. :eek:

We will be leaving in 22 days and hopefully I'll hear something back way before then. I hate the "unknown". :(

Shipwreck - black sand. I know you commented on a thread a while back, but someone else just commented this morning mentioning they just got back from St. Kitts and described Shipwreck as a "unique beach with the black sand". I don't know if it's like it was when we were there last year or not. I know you were wondering what the current conditions of it where and whether it was still black sand or not. The way he described the beach sounded like when we were there. Not much beach but it definitely had black sand and was fine for us. Here's the link to that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2373439

Shipwreck - black sand. I know you commented on a thread a while back, but someone else just commented this morning mentioning they just got back from St. Kitts and described Shipwreck as a "unique beach with the black sand". I don't know if it's like it was when we were there last year or not. I know you were wondering what the current conditions of it where and whether it was still black sand or not. The way he described the beach sounded like when we were there. Not much beach but it definitely had black sand and was fine for us. Here's the link to that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2373439

Is Shipwreck one that you would need reservations for or can you just show up?

Just show up. Pretty laid back at Shipwreck. They charge for a lounger but if you order food & beverages they will skip the fee I think. We always are up near the bar area when we visit SK. Fun place for many ex-pats and locals.

Is Shipwreck one that you would need reservations for or can you just show up?

Just show up. Pretty laid back at Shipwreck. They charge for a lounger but if you order food & beverages they will skip the fee I think. We always are up near the bar area when we visit SK. Fun place for many ex-pats and locals.

Paul, you beat me to it, thank you - I did get sidetracked. :D When we went last year, no reservations, we just showed up. There was a hostess who greeted us and explained everything to us (swimming/snorkeling sides, etc., etc.) and when DH asked her how much it was to rent a lounger/where to pay, she said there was no charge. We did get a few beers each though. Maybe they charge if it's a busy season (winter, more than one ship)???

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Ok, I guess if Carambola doesn't answer then we might just head to Shipwreck instead if they take walk ups. :)

I did end up messaging them on their facebook and they did respond to me today saying that they did receive my booking on their website and it is confirmed. :D (I just really think to improve their customer service, they should probably acknowledge they received it with some email to the customer or something). :)

A few days ago, I went to their webcite. Then I went to contact and filled out my request on their Leave Us A Message Form. They responded to my email with a reservation for 2 chairs and an umbrella within a day.

So do try again.

Our cruise is in January and I'm also a planner.

I would try again.

I did end up messaging them on their facebook and they did respond to me today saying that they did receive my booking on their website and it is confirmed. :D (I just really think to improve their customer service, they should probably acknowledge they received it with some email to the customer or something). :)

A few days ago, I went to their webcite. Then I went to contact and filled out my request on their Leave Us A Message Form. They responded to my email with a reservation for 2 chairs and an umbrella within a day.

So do try again.

Our cruise is in January and I'm also a planner.

I would try again.

Please see my post above. ;)