Need advice re RC and Jet2 flights

Hi,

We are going on the Harmony on 18th August. We are staying in Rome for 3 nights pre cruise. All flights and transfers are provided for by RC.

I'm trying to book seats for the flight out which is with Jet2 (flights on the way back are with KLM)

As we are now 26 days till our flight I have used the link supplied by RC on the guest ticket booklet and when I put in my info it comes back with login error. I have emailed the uk flight dept of RC and they just said I should be able to book seats and sent me the same link. I have sent them another email explaining again and am waiting to hear. (slightly concerning me is they put my sail date as the 25th Aug on their email !!)

I am slightly confused by what I do at the airport regarding check-in. Do you have to check in online before going to the airport? And if so, how, if I can't get onto my flight online.

The TA when I asked said just show them your flight details page of your guest ticket booklet? Is this right cus it doesn't sound right to me. I have always either checked in online or had an actual ticket in my hand.

I'm a bit of a planner and like to have boxes ticked etc and don't like the just turn up at the airport scenario, especially as I'm flying with someone who is a very nervous flier.

Hope anyone can help alleviate the growing panic and neurosis haha

Thanks in advance

What I have found with BA, Virgin etc is that RCI makes group bookings and the code doesn't work for a single customer. Sometimes the group booking desk of the airline will sort it out for you but sometimes you may have to sort out seats when you check in.

Most UK airlines are now 'check in online'. You should always look at the airlines own website to work it out.

Are you sure you're putting the correct login details in on the Jet2 page? I know people who have used this in the past without issue

Hi,

Yes, its the surname and your booking number but I have also tried my flight number as well. several times lol.

Apparently I have to go through the link provided by RC as it is booked by them but I have also tried on the Jet2 website as well.

That's the thing I'm concerned with the most is that most airlines require you to check in online prior to going.

It's very frustrating as I want to enjoy the build up to my hol without having issues.

I break up from work on Friday for 6 weeks so I can camp out at the TA until she sorts it out haha

Hi,

Yes, its the surname and your booking number but I have also tried my flight number as well. several times lol.

Apparently I have to go through the link provided by RC as it is booked by them but I have also tried on the Jet2 website as well.

That's the thing I'm concerned with the most is that most airlines require you to check in online prior to going.

It's very frustrating as I want to enjoy the build up to my hol without having issues.

I break up from work on Friday for 6 weeks so I can camp out at the TA until she sorts it out haha

Try call Jet2 directly. They may have their own flight confirmation number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Hmm sorry I can't be more help :(

I presume this is the link you are using:

https://reservations.jet2.com/Jet2.Reservations.Web.Portal/whitelabellandingpage.aspx?j2tid=3dcfaedc-18dc-444e-b3b4-32c72879daf4

Try your booking reference? Are there more than one surname on the booking? If so try different surnames till you find the one its booked under

Is there any other numbers in the guest ticket booklet that it might be?

It's usually your RCI booking reference and the surname of the lead passenger.

The link in the above post also looks to be correct and should take you a Jet2 login page which has RC branding on it.

Good luck [emoji2]

Rci probably have a group allocation on this flight. This means you will not be able to check in on line ( as you don't have a unique identifier.....it will be the same one for everyone travelling with Rci on that flight) and you will only be allocated your seats at the airport.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Hi,

We were Venice with jet 2 via rccl and we could not check in till much closer to fly date but sorry I can't remember exactly when I do know you cannot do it at day 28

Thanks for that.

I'll keep trying each day to login. Puts my mind at rest a little to know that it may be delayed a bit.

I don't mind so much checking in in the morning although it means we have to be there even earlier for our 7.15 flight. It's just I really need to make sure I sit with my hubby who has a flying issue.

Also all I have to show I'm on the flight is a sheet of paper from my guest booklet which is not making me worry less lol.

On the plus side I'll be on my way to Rome and The Harmony [emoji3]

Result!!!!

RC have emailed me back telling me there was a fault with the number I had and have given me a new one.

I have just checked it out and I can check in and book seats yipppeeeee

Thank you to all who helped out [emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

Result!!!!

RC have emailed me back telling me there was a fault with the number I had and have given me a new one.

I have just checked it out and I can check in and book seats yipppeeeee

Thank you to all who helped out [emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

Excellent, thanks for reporting back.:)