Priority boarding ???

old fool

I will be traveling with my adult daughter. I am "platinum" but she has never been on Cunard before. Will she be able to board "priority" with me?

When you present your confirmation tickets to the staff at the cruise terminal tell them you are together and they should allow both of you priority boarding.

According to Cunard World Club rules, priority boarding

" Priority check-in at New York and Southampton.6" Note 6 says

"where operationally possible"

for Platinum and Diamond members.

Though most Plat/Diam members will join the priority boarding line for Grills whereever the line is set up, at whichever port, and most Cunard check in staff at ports other than NY and Southampton, would not know that Plat/Diam members are not eligible to join the priority check in line.

If you're boarding in Southampton, no problem. We were diamond and friends were gold the first time we asked. As we entered the terminal, we asked a greeter if our friends could go into the priority line with us. The woman was shocked that I would even ask. "We would never split up a party! Of course, go right ahead."

If you're boarding in NYC, they might say no. That's been our experience a few times, both westside and Brooklyn where we were with friends.

Brooklyn has a "priority" holding pen and the person controlling the door will say priority only. A friend who is platinum traveled with her daughter in her cabin plus son and DIL in another cabin. The doorkeeper wouldn't even allow the daughter sharing her cabin to accompany her. Maybe if it had been just the two of them (mother and daughter in same cabin), they'd have had a better chance of getting priority boarding.

And don't forget , You can also take your daughter along to the various cocktail receptions i.e. The World Club & Senior Officers. ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I had not even thought about that. She will enjoy that all immensely

Hello all.

We are sailing out of Brooklyn on the 9th of August. Can't wait to try the "Cunard" experience and QM 2 "Remastered".

My AMEX Platinum Card benefits state among other perks, "Priority Embarkation". Any thoughts on how that would work for us?

Thanks,

Steve

Hello all.

We are sailing out of Brooklyn on the 9th of August. Can't wait to try the "Cunard" experience and QM 2 "Remastered".

My AMEX Platinum Card benefits state among other perks, "Priority Embarkation". Any thoughts on how that would work for us?

Thanks,

Steve

Here is a post from 2005 about Amex, not much help really though.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5170912

Edited by Pennbank