Some RCCL questions..

Hello - I've been reading a ton of the posts on this board, and from all of your great info, I have a couple of questions before I sail on the Anthem 9/3/16...

Drink Package - I purchased the premium and think it was a good buy. What are people referencing when they say certain drink values, etc. are not included in the package? Is it brand specific or does it mean they won't pour a shot? I saw someone asked about champagne.. is that available on the package? I love some champagne by the pool! :p

Lunch Day 1 - Are any of the complimentary dining rooms open for lunch? I'm sure the info on this will be in the cruise compass when we board, correct?

Dinner Attire Day 1 - We are booked in The Grande for the first night.. I didn't want to pack formal wear for a 5 night cruise, so this works out great. What time do guests typically get their luggage? If luggage does not come and my DH is not wearing a collar, will we still be able to have dinner there?

Other Restaurants - So I noticed the Anthem has a pub and Johnny Rockets, etc.. I don't see prices posted for these places - does anyone have any idea of what fees are involved for the little casual dining places?

Now, a serious question... Where is the ice cream located on the ship?! :)

The Premium package has a cocktail and glass of wine limit of $12 or $13, I've seen both. If you order a drink that is over the limit, you would have to pay the amount over the limit plus 18%.

The Cruise Compass will have a list of boarding day lunch venues.

The Premium package has a cocktail and glass of wine limit of $12 or $13, I've seen both. If you order a drink that is over the limit, you would have to pay the amount over the limit plus 18%.

The Cruise Compass will have a list of boarding day lunch venues.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that $12 or $13 was the limit. I wonder how many drinks are much more than that, but I'm sure we will be able to find enough options within that range.

Thanks!

Oh wow, I didn't realize that $12 or $13 was the limit. I wonder how many drinks are much more than that, but I'm sure we will be able to find enough options within that range.

Thanks!

There are glasses of wine priced higher than the limit, but I've not seen many cocktails higher than the limit.

Hello - I've been reading a ton of the posts on this board, and from all of your great info, I have a couple of questions before I sail on the Anthem 9/3/16...

Drink Package - I purchased the premium and think it was a good buy. What are people referencing when they say certain drink values, etc. are not included in the package? Is it brand specific or does it mean they won't pour a shot? I saw someone asked about champagne.. is that available on the package? I love some champagne by the pool! :p

Lunch Day 1 - Are any of the complimentary dining rooms open for lunch? I'm sure the info on this will be in the cruise compass when we board, correct?

Dinner Attire Day 1 - We are booked in The Grande for the first night.. I didn't want to pack formal wear for a 5 night cruise, so this works out great. What time do guests typically get their luggage? If luggage does not come and my DH is not wearing a collar, will we still be able to have dinner there?

Other Restaurants - So I noticed the Anthem has a pub and Johnny Rockets, etc.. I don't see prices posted for these places - does anyone have any idea of what fees are involved for the little casual dining places?

Now, a serious question... Where is the ice cream located on the ship?! :)

Drink Package- you can definitely get shots with the Premium Package. We did plenty of different kinds ranging from specialty shots to Patron and everything was included! You should go see ZouZou in Bolero's and ask him to whip you up a special shot and tell him Sam & Ashleigh say hello! haha He was the best!

You can also get champagne, I'm not sure of the quality of it though as I'm not big into champagne!

The ONLY thing I was told that was not included in ANY of the drink packages, including the Ultimate, was the ice wines on the dinner menus! I would imagine that some upper tier wines and champagnes would probably be similarly excluded!

Lunch Day 1- I'm not 100% sure if any of the dining rooms were open for embarkation day lunch as we just went straight to Cafe 270 for the awesome roast beef sandwiches! They also had a lot of other offerings but hopefully someone will know about the dining rooms to help you out!

Dinner Attire Night 1- Everything we have experience and read tells me that you will be absolutely fine since you are dining at The Grande on the first night. The dress code is relaxed on the first and last nights due to potential luggage issues.

Other Dining- Both Michael's Pub and Johnny Rockets are a la carte so the cost would depend on what you wanted to order! I know there are menus for both floating around on here somewhere that would help give a better idea!

Important question- The soft serve ice cream machine was up on the Deck 14 behind the sky bar if my memory serves!

Enjoy Anthem!!

Other Dining- Both Michael's Pub and Johnny Rockets are a la carte so the cost would depend on what you wanted to order! I know there are menus for both floating around on here somewhere that would help give a better idea!

Is Johnny Rockets different on the Anthem? Everywhere else it is a flat cover charge for whatever is on the menu (except drinks, shakes).

Edited by blackshirt

Is Johnny Rockets different on the Anthem? Everywhere else it is a flat cover charge for whatever is on the menu (except drinks, shakes).

Yes, on Quantum class Johnny Rockets is a la carte.

There are glasses of wine priced higher than the limit, but I've not seen many cocktails higher than the limit.

Yes, on Quantum class Johnny Rockets is a la carte.

Thank you for the info! That makes perfect sense about the drinks.. and also makes sense about Johnny Rockets because I've seen different prices posted in various places.

Drink Package- you can definitely get shots with the Premium Package. We did plenty of different kinds ranging from specialty shots to Patron and everything was included! You should go see ZouZou in Bolero's and ask him to whip you up a special shot and tell him Sam & Ashleigh say hello! haha He was the best!

You can also get champagne, I'm not sure of the quality of it though as I'm not big into champagne!

The ONLY thing I was told that was not included in ANY of the drink packages, including the Ultimate, was the ice wines on the dinner menus! I would imagine that some upper tier wines and champagnes would probably be similarly excluded!

Lunch Day 1- I'm not 100% sure if any of the dining rooms were open for embarkation day lunch as we just went straight to Cafe 270 for the awesome roast beef sandwiches! They also had a lot of other offerings but hopefully someone will know about the dining rooms to help you out!

Dinner Attire Night 1- Everything we have experience and read tells me that you will be absolutely fine since you are dining at The Grande on the first night. The dress code is relaxed on the first and last nights due to potential luggage issues.

Important question- The soft serve ice cream machine was up on the Deck 14 behind the sky bar if my memory serves!

Enjoy Anthem!!

Thanks for all of the awesome info! This is very helpful. I didn't expect shots, but maybe I'll try some fun new ones. :) And thanks for the bartender recommendation..

Since we are doing a 5-night cruise, I told my husband to plan to party this trip and that we will relax when we get home since we're taking the week off. lol. I'm not a wine snob by any means, but I know things just marked up significantly. I remember buying a $32 bottle of wine on Carnival that was $7 in store a few years ago and I remember it tasting so much better on the cruise!

Exactly what I wanted to hear about attire for night #1. I may bring a dress but probably won't have time to change the first night.. And, I can't wait for the ice cream. Haha!

Not many drinks are more than the limit..unless you are a booze snob.and want only the very, very TOP SHELF stuff. Mixed drinks...you can use the cheaper stuff...it's mixed..you can't taste it! If you can or will only drink the really expensive stuff, then you will pay for it. Personally, I can't tell the difference if it's mixed with anything else. A buzz its a buzz...they're all good buzzes!

Not many drinks are more than the limit..unless you are a booze snob.and want only the very, very TOP SHELF stuff. Mixed drinks...you can use the cheaper stuff...it's mixed..you can't taste it! If you can or will only drink the really expensive stuff, then you will pay for it. Personally, I can't tell the difference if it's mixed with anything else. A buzz its a buzz...they're all good buzzes!

Hi cb.. I haven't been on CC in a while so it was nice to come back and see your name on the boards! I'm definitely not a snob unless we are talking about. Vodka, but the brand list on the website looked great. I can see only the lesser beers were included so I'm thinking my husband will go for the mixed drinks. I was just surprised to hear that drinks cut off at $12 or something but that restriction doesn't seem like a big deal now.

Like you said, a buzz is a buzz.. Lol cheers!

Thanks!