Independence question

It's a shame they keep the shows the same.If you cruise a lot you must get fed up seeing the same shows.

We were on Indie on 2012 and Freedom on 2014 and I remember the ice shows were the same.It takes away that first time enjoyment when you've already seen them.

On Serenade and Anthem the shows were different .I really enjoyed the Anthem shows.

It's a shame they keep the shows the same.If you cruise a lot you must get fed up seeing the same shows.

We were on Indie on 2012 and Freedom on 2014 and I remember the ice shows were the same.It takes away that first time enjoyment when you've already seen them.

On Serenade and Anthem the shows were different .I really enjoyed the Anthem shows.

It costs the cruise line millions of dollars to change a show, so they are not going to do that very often.

...and the changeovers are typically timed with the ship's 5 year maintenance dry dock program as a result.

Mike, I find it interesting that a lot of people mentioning about shows changing at the 5 year mark timed with drydock but the only shows that I recall being changed are the Broadway shows and even with that SNF was not changed on Libertys last drydock. With all the drydocks over the past 5 years I cannot remember reading one report that the regular production shows changed. The ice shows and Aquatheatre shows certainly haven't changed. Perhaps those shows are on a 10 or 15 year schedule.

I do agree that if they are going to change it will be during a drydock.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Mike, I find it interesting that a lot of people mentioning about shows changing at the 5 year mark timed with drydock but the only shows that I recall being changed are the Broadway shows and even with that SNF was not changed on Libertys last drydock. With all the drydocks over the past 5 years I cannot remember reading one report that the regular production shows changed. The ice shows and Aquatheatre shows certainly haven't changed. Perhaps those shows are on a 10 or 15 year schedule.

I do agree that if they are going to change it will be during a drydock.

Ken I was referring to the Broadway shows and we were told that on board Oasis several years back - sorry should have been more clear. But through the refurb program I thought some ship shows were changed - or introduced - then as well. Not sure the time frame with the ship staff production shows.

I also think the Ice Shows change more frequently than 10+ years as we have seen different shows on the same ship several years apart. Thought that would be the same for the Aqua theater shows but I clearly could be wrong. Maybe someone can clarify and correct me. :)

Edited by leaveitallbehind