Which deck for balcony on anthem

Guest maddycat
How about those forward cabins on deck ten (10)?

I like to choose cabins mid-ship and near the rear (aft) elevators. As someone else suggested, I always book a cabin with cabins above and below ours.

I had booked on the 13th, but have since moved down to 11244.

Realized it was the pool above me.

Paid a could extra $$ to be out on the hump and a bit larger balcony.

After looking at the 12 & 13th, almost seemed like obstructed view with the posts.

Edited by thesmiths

I had booked on the 13th, but have since moved down to 11244.

Realized it was the pool above me.

Paid a could extra $$ to be out on the hump and a bit larger balcony.

After looking at the 12 & 13th, almost seemed like obstructed view with the posts.

We were on Deck 13 and the posts did not interfere with our view. The overhand did obstruct looking up a little, but if you are looking up and not at the water on a cruise ship balcony, you are looking the wrong way...lol

We only heard a little of the music from the pool deck above. Never anything at night or early morning.

Actually loved the overhang for 2 reasons. Shade during the day, and protection from some rain we had - we were still able to be outside.

I would not hesitate to do deck 13 again. We wee in 13598 and had 4 cabins through 13604. They are mid ship right between forward and aft elevators.

I would always opt is being close to an elevator is important the ones forward on this ship. While there are more aft, they also are the ones used to get to Windjammer and the other restaurants as well as Seaplex. Our longest elevator waits were aft unless there was a show.

Great, Now you tell me:D

Thank you !

I'll sneak into a room getting cleaned and check it out up there on the cruise.

We were on Deck 13 and the posts did not interfere with our view. The overhand did obstruct looking up a little, but if you are looking up and not at the water on a cruise ship balcony, you are looking the wrong way...lol

We only heard a little of the music from the pool deck above. Never anything at night or early morning.

Actually loved the overhang for 2 reasons. Shade during the day, and protection from some rain we had - we were still able to be outside.

I would not hesitate to do deck 13 again. We wee in 13598 and had 4 cabins through 13604. They are mid ship right between forward and aft elevators.

I would always opt is being close to an elevator is important the ones forward on this ship. While there are more aft, they also are the ones used to get to Windjammer and the other restaurants as well as Seaplex. Our longest elevator waits were aft unless there was a show.

We were on the 5 day Anthem and had 9552 and 9550. Close to elevator.

Lisa

Did you feel a lot of movement in your cabin location?

I have similar location, but on the port side of deck 9. Usually we like a

mid-ship or aft cabin - but I wanted to be near the forward elevator for

the solarium, theater and music hall.

Thanks for the info and picture!

Donna in NJ

We stayed on deck 13 forward on Quantum and went with the same area on Anthem. Liked the easy access to the Solarium. On Quantum there are doors on deck 13 forward that access the lower level of the solarium not sure if Anthem has those doors or not.

Did you feel a lot of movement in your cabin location?

I have similar location, but on the port side of deck 9. Usually we like a

mid-ship or aft cabin - but I wanted to be near the forward elevator for

the solarium, theater and music hall.

Thanks for the info and picture!

Donna in NJ

Unfortunately the first 2 days we felt a lot of rocking throughout the ship. It stopped mid evening on our 2nd day. We overheard a concierge tells his group that on the Quantum class ships you feel the rocking more than on the Oasis class ships. When we spoke to our waiter later in the evening he said that there usually isn't much rocking, but that on this day he woke up feeling it as well. We did have some gray skies and chilly weather when we left so the oceans could have been a bit angry. Once the rocking stopped that evening, we never felt it again at all.

Lisa

When we had moderate seas of 7-9 feet there was some movement rocking port to starborad. But it wasn't bad. Gentle. You could really feel it, but it didn't bother any of us.

Thank you for the feedback.

Donna in NJ

Unfortunately the first 2 days we felt a lot of rocking throughout the ship. It stopped mid evening on our 2nd day. We overheard a concierge tells his group that on the Quantum class ships you feel the rocking more than on the Oasis class ships. When we spoke to our waiter later in the evening he said that there usually isn't much rocking, but that on this day he woke up feeling it as well. We did have some gray skies and chilly weather when we left so the oceans could have been a bit angry. Once the rocking stopped that evening, we never felt it again at all.

Lisa

Thank you for the info. I will be sure to have the transderm patches and other remedies when we sail. :)

Donna in NJ