When should we...

Hokiegalcruiser

Have a July 2017 r/t from Vancouver booked. We haven't yet decided on our activities, but when should we start booking private excursions? After lurking here last winter, I know a lot of the vendors head south during the winter and might be closed. Should we book this season or wait until spring? Also timing to book rental cars in ports if that is what we decide?

As long as there's no cancel fee, why wait? Secure that spot on your favorite excursion with your preferred vendor .

Booking several months in advance usually secures great deals on lodging and car rentals.

Continue to watch the price though; if it goes down contact the vendor for an adjustment.

If you want Anan out of Ketchikan, you need to book now. I can't thank of any other inside passage tour that needs such advance booking?

I frequently only book a couple months ahead. Key is to be FIRM with your choice- I don't recommend booking until you have all your plans in place. Jumping into random booking can run into cancelation fees, with poor planning. Verify all cancelation policies BEFORE you purchase.