Enchantment Ports - November 7th???

yogimax

Hi!

With Enchantment of the Seas sailing out on Nov. 7th; you will be stopping in Key West, Florida; Cozumel, Mexico and Belize City, Belize. Hope this was helpful. Have a great and safe cruise!

Thanks. Are you saying that the docks in Cozumel are now functional? Where did you find the update?

Thanks. Are you saying that the docks in Cozumel are now functional? Where did you find the update?

I checked RC's website. Unfortunately, nothing was said about changed itineraries due to Hurricane Wilma. Sorry I wasn't of help. I would call RC instead of sending them an email and get an immediate, solid answer as to what ports will be visited.

According to RC's website, the following was stated:

Ships sailing from Port Everglades

Enchantment of the Seas arrived in the Port of Miami today, two days later than scheduled. Guests onboard will be provided with transportation to their cars parked at Port Everglades.

Enchantment of the Seas - The Tuesday, October 25, sailing of Enchantment of the Seas - originally scheduled to depart on Monday, October 24 - is now cancelled. The ship will now be used to bring humanitarian relief supplies to the victims of Hurricane Wilma in Mexico. Enchantment of the Seas will resume its normal sailings on Saturday, October 29, departing from Port Everglades. Guests booked on the cancelled cruise will receive a full refund and a certificate for a 25 percent discount on a future Royal Caribbean International cruise.

We are also on the same cruise and are wondering will RC change ports. Wondering if anyone has been in this position and will RC let us know where we are going or do we just arrive and guess. I have also emailed them with no response. I realized they probably don't know yet but I would like to know what they normally do in this situation. New to cruising.

We are also on the same cruise and are wondering will RC change ports. Wondering if anyone has been in this position and will RC let us know where we are going or do we just arrive and guess. I have also emailed them with no response. I realized they probably don't know yet but I would like to know what they normally do in this situation. New to cruising.

It is very likely that RCI doesn't know yet, since your cruise is almost 2 weeks away. I know that isn't a lot of time to you. But to RCI their most pressing concern right now is how to handle the cruises that are currently sailing or are supposed to leave in the next few days, especially considering most of the flights into and out of South Florida are still not operating, most of the hotels are closed or full and Port Everglades is still closed. Also, consider that RCI's home office has been closed the last 2 days since it is in Miami and was without power. And they still have to find alternative ports of call for all these ships. Please give RCI a couple of days at least to start making some announcements about changes.

It is very likely that RCI doesn't know yet, since your cruise is almost 2 weeks away. I know that isn't a lot of time to you. But to RCI their most pressing concern right now is how to handle the cruises that are currently sailing or are supposed to leave in the next few days, especially considering most of the flights into and out of South Florida are still not operating, most of the hotels are closed or full and Port Everglades is still closed. Also, consider that RCI's home office has been closed the last 2 days since it is in Miami and was without power. And they still have to find alternative ports of call for all these ships. Please give RCI a couple of days at least to start making some announcements about changes.

Sorry, but it sounds like you work for RCCL and are trying to justify their lack of communication.

Sorry, but it sounds like you work for RCCL and are trying to justify their lack of communication.

No I don't work for the cruiseline or even in the travel industry at all. Just somebody with a realistic idea of how quickly any company can get an answer out in regards to something like this.

I'm on the Nov 7 sailing as well, and talked to RC today and they haven't received an updated itinerary as of yet. The rep I spoke to at Crown and Anchor said to try back in a day or so.

I have to agree with the poster who said RC has more immediate concerns (and no, I don't work for them or in the travel industry). It would be great to know where we are going before we board, but I'm over it if we don't.

My in-laws, who live in South FL will be without power for weeks. They were going to take my two small daughters for our cruise but now they can't. I called RC in a panic to add them to our booking and they did so without a problem. The rep I spoke to today at RC told me all the windows were blown out of her house and a utility pole is now living in her bedroom--and she was at work, being incredibly helpful and pleasant to me.

I think patience is the keyword here, folks. I believe RC will let us know our modified itinerary if we just give them time to work out the details. JMO

We are sailing on Enchantment on November 7th. I emailed RCCL, asking what the ports might be, but have not received a reply. Does anyone have any info? When I hear, I will post the response.

We are also going on this cruise. I called RCCL today and asked. Pam said that we will NOT be going to Cozumel. That day will be replaced with a day at sea or another port. I asked if it was replaced with a day at sea would there be any refund on onboard credit since this is the only port that this cruise wil visit for more than a few hours and was told NO. She said that if the cruise goes out, there will be no reimbursement of any kind. I asked when we should know something so we can plan excursions, etc. (My in-laws 40th anniversary and our kids are going) and she siad that we should know something by the 4th of Nov. Hope this helps. I myself am worried now.

We are sailing 11/5/05 from Tampa on Legend of the Seas and one of our stops was to be Coz as well. There are no changes made to our itenirary yet either, but that is to be expected since they are scrambling to move the more pressing ships at this time. I expect changes will not be revealed until approx. 2-3 days prior to sailing. This makes it hard to cancel and reschedule excursions and I prepare HEAVILY before cruising on every port - so i would like a few days to get ready for another port- but we just have to understand that they are doing the best they can by getting permission to go to other ports, and getting the news out to cruisers. Keep in mind that iteniraries can ALWAYS change and that the ports are at the perogative of the line so we were told about our specific cruise since there will probably only be one change of port, we may not be notified at all until boarding - anyway a day cruising is better than any day not cruising!!

You can't get much info out of the cruise line offices, if you booked through a TA they say "call your TA", if you didnt they say they don't know anything (and truthfully they probably don't), I even tried to trick them up by saying i was "thinking" about booking in 2 weeks but wanted to know the itenirary changes - no go - HAHA-they said they didnt know!

But to us ( we sail in 10 DAYS) out trips are close at hand but to the cruise line they have more immediate cruisers to route - so we must just be patient and make adventure WHEREVER the high seas take us!

Hi!

With Enchantment of the Seas sailing out on Nov. 7th; you will be stopping in Key West, Florida; Cozumel, Mexico and Belize City, Belize. Hope this was helpful. Have a great and safe cruise!

Where did you get the idea they are stopping in Cozumel? That is pretty unlikely at this time. NMNita

Come on, she probably does not work for RCI. All the lines are having the same problems. Either they are giving no information or it is minimal at best. Heck, many of their offices are still closed. People on all the boards are complaining because they don't have answers; don't blame the cruise lines; what happened to these ports is an act of God. They are handling the problems as best possible. NMnita

Well, I'm on the cruise BEFORE yours (11/3) and have no idea where we're going, nor do I know where I'm going to STAY in Ft. Lauderdale the night before, now that 95% of the hotels in the area are without power, many without water or phones as well. :cool:

I'm just taking it a day at a time, my concerns and worries about it aren't going to CHANGE anything...I'll just try to deal the best I can.

Ella. We were flying in the day before to visit my in-laws and leave my little girls with them while we went on the cruise. I ended up changing my flight from Sunday to Monday so we could go directly to the pier since my in-laws have no power and all the hotels I called were closed until November 10 at the earliest.

I have to say, Jet Blue is the best. Not only did they waive the change fee, I also received a credit since my Monday flight is cheaper than my Sunday flight was. That was about the only good thing that happened today.

Thanks for your good wishes, wrp96. I'm a little worried about my in laws since my fil's health is not the best, but I think they will be okay. And while this may not be the wonderful romantic cruise I had planned, I am sure we will have a great time as a family and Enchantment seems to offer quite a bit to entertain my little ones as well as us bigger kids.

Well, off to bed now as I am exhausted from all this re-planning today!

Archived