Another San Francisco HOHO question

We're sailing this fall on the Coral Princess and will be spending the majority of 1 day (7am-11pm) in San Francisco. A while ago I thought I had read a post about the HOHO that also had a route that dropped off at Muir woods. Does anyone know who that is/was? I can't find it in my scouring of the internet.

Does anyone have recommendations on which one of the HOHO companies to use (or not use)? We're leaning towards the Big Bus at this point in time

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

HoHo busses are just in-city, never heard of one with an expanded route. For Muir Woods, you will have to expand your search to excursion companies that go North of the Golden Gate Bridge. Some combine Muir Woods with a quick trip to Sausalito.

• 4 weeks later...

We were surprised to see Muir Woods included on the HOHO route leaflet with the folks we spent a day HOHOing with last year - link here. To be fair though, it's not really much of a HOHO, more a shuttle with a VERY small number of times for drop-off & pickup. But it does combine with Sausalito as noted above, and you can add other loops from same company for a very, very full day!

We didn't do the Muir Woods part, just the core 'downtown' loop, but I'd say they were on par with other HOHOs we've taken - some drivers chatty, others not so much, others far TOO chatty and obviously trawling for tips; some newer buses, some older.

Edited by martincath

• 3 weeks later...
Is it advantageous to buy tickets for HOHO online, or can we get a deal by just walking off ship towards Fishermans Wharf. In New York, we noticed deals being offered for the HoHo, which were competitive to what I paid online before arriving there.

If you can find discount coupons online, then go for it. Otherwise, you can just purchase tickets at the bus stop. At the bus stop, a discount may not be offered on the ticket price itself, but some of the bus companies will offer a free 1 or 2-hour bike rental with your bus ticket.

Is it advantageous to buy tickets for HOHO online, or can we get a deal by just walking off ship towards Fishermans Wharf. In New York, we noticed deals being offered for the HoHo, which were competitive to what I paid online before arriving there.

What HOHO Company are you consdering ? I am currently looking at Big Bus Tours for next Feb but looking at a 48 hr pass.