Do upsell offers appear before or after final payment is due?

CineGraphic

This is what I have noticed. We have gotten quite a few offers over the years.

Upsells typically happen after final payment and around 4-8 weeks before sailing.

I monitor the website. When I see the room(s) that I am hoping for start to go (normally there will be a significant decline in available rooms over a 2-3 day period). I alert my TA to look for an email. She lets me know ASAP the offer comes through. I give her my CC info and keep my fingers crossed as she calls the dedicated Princess line.

So here is the real life example:

We were scheduled to to sail in an MA GTY on June 25- Royal Med. Over the months before the cruise, there were between 10 and 14 suites available at any time I checked (which was normally every day). Exactly 8 weeks before the cruise, I noticed that that the inventory for available suites dropped from 11 to 6 in a 24 hour period. I emailed my TA- who was trying to call me at the same time. She had just received notice. I immediately gave her my CC and she called to leave a message with the Princess Desk (a special desk just for this type of thing). She was persistent and we were able to grab the last OS on the ship.

Hi Tracie,

Edit: never mind Tracie, unless your process is different from what caribill posted above I just saw their post.

Just wondering what process you use to check on the number of available cabins in a category?

Thanks!

Edited by Steelers0854

Hi Tracie,

Edit: never mind Tracie, unless your process is different from what caribill posted above I just saw their post.

Just wondering what process you use to check on the number of available cabins in a category?

Thanks!

I go on to the website and select the type of cabin I am interested in. Then I click on the "Select your own" option. I scroll through the options to see what is available.