Grandeur to New England/Canada

• 1 month later...
this may not be relevant to your post but''' does anyone have info or ever done amtrack train from fla to baltimore for a cruise this is for sept 2017

looking for any imput thx pat

When I fly to a cruise, I arrange to arrive the day before the cruise. If I was taking Amtrak, I'd change that to two days before the cruise.

We are actually leaving tomorrow 8pm Amtrak from Atlanta to baltimore. We arrive 10am Wednesday- staying in hotel on harbor- boarding Grandeur on Thursday TO New England.

We are getting to baltimore 1 day early- we think that is enough. Spent the extra $$ to get Roomette- small sleeping room with upper & lower bunks. Our trip is mostly at night so we will be sleeping thru NC & Va. Cost for roomette gets us free meals in the dining car- Dinner & breakfast. At their costs- we could have spent 50% of the cost on 2 meals.

3 yrs ago we went on the same Crescent Line to new Orleans & back. That was a 13hr Day trip but we also had the roomette & 3 meals.

We loved the trip - DW does not like to fly & this is alternative to me driving. I get there relaxed- like she does. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. I WILL POST AFTER OUR TRIP.

When I fly to a cruise, I arrange to arrive the day before the cruise. If I was taking Amtrak, I'd change that to two days before the cruise.

Bob, do you really think that Amtrak is more likely to leave you stranded than an airplane?!?!?! :eek:

We are actually leaving tomorrow 8pm Amtrak from Atlanta to baltimore. We arrive 10am Wednesday- staying in hotel on harbor- boarding Grandeur on Thursday TO New England.

We are getting to baltimore 1 day early- we think that is enough. Spent the extra $$ to get Roomette- small sleeping room with upper & lower bunks. Our trip is mostly at night so we will be sleeping thru NC & Va. Cost for roomette gets us free meals in the dining car- Dinner & breakfast. At their costs- we could have spent 50% of the cost on 2 meals.

3 yrs ago we went on the same Crescent Line to new Orleans & back. That was a 13hr Day trip but we also had the roomette & 3 meals.

We loved the trip - DW does not like to fly & this is alternative to me driving. I get there relaxed- like she does. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. I WILL POST AFTER OUR TRIP.

didn"t know amtrack went from atlanta we are leaving from palatka fla 45 min south of jacksonille est time am arrival 8 30 am day of cruise of course this is next sept 17 looking forward to your review

thx

pat

Train Trip from Atlanta to Baltimore was great. Has Sleeper so had good night's sleep with the thump of the rails soothing.

Was 30 min late leaving due to late getting in from the West. Time was made up and we got to Baltimore right on time.

had a nice afternoon at the Inner Harbor area & great Maryland Crabcakes & Maryland Catfish.

Going to get good night's sleep & sail tomorrow.