Pre buy 5 dinner package or wait until on board

the frames

But I thought you can't a package once you are onboard? Also can I, for example if I chose eat at Murano five times?

Also how does Sushi on Five work?

Nope. Only way to dine at the same place 5 time is to but 5 separate seatings, no pkg will allow it.

Sushi on 5 is À-la-carte.

Here is the menu; http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-sushi-on-five

Nope. Only way to dine at the same place 5 time is to but 5 separate seatings, no pkg will allow it.

Sushi on 5 is À-la-carte.

Here is the menu; http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-sushi-on-five

To clarify - there are five restaurants on the plan on the Silhouette - this includes Sushi on Five - so if you purchase the package that means only one restaurant per booking -if so how does that work with Sushi on 5 as it's a la carte?

Then why are there a couple of tables set up selling the packages? We always go to Murano and book the 3 night first thing after we get on board our last 3 cruises.

Probably for the same reason a bunch of other "rules" that Celebrity states on their websites are not necessarily followed fleetwide. The above is just a quote from the dining section of the Cruise planner.

I'm just returning to this thread after a period of time since my first post, but i have read through to the end before reply to individual posts.

You may not have read to the bottom of this post (and I can confirm based on looking at this for my next cruise), there are no "dining packages" available once you board. Any pkg has to be booked at least 4 days prior to cruise. So the trade off is in hoping for a significant enough discount on individual night bookings to equal or better the pre-cruise booked package. At $134.10 for a 5 night package, you'd have to average $26.82 pp for each of your 5 individual bookings onboard. Considering the cheapest specialty restaurant is $45pp (last time I was on a cruise), this would average out to a 40% discount on each individual booking, even more if you're going to one of the $50 pp restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

WEGL81 -

While your mileage may vary based on past cruise history, you cannot confirm for a future cruise that there will be no dining packages sold on the ship of a future cruise prior to embarkation. Only the cruise ship staff will know how many packages were sold prior to embarkation and THEY DO hold a number of packages for sale once on the ship. This has been confirmed to me by Captain's Club and while on the ship for my past cruises (see below).

From your post, the key word is "hope". Discounts are never consistent from cruise to cruise because the sale of dining options pre-cruise (packages or individual restaurant reservations) vary substantially. Everyone is hoping for those elusive discounts of 50% off, but that is rare and folks reading this thread shouldn't expect to have much luck having that experience unless sales of dining reservations are exceptionally poor on a particular cruise.

I'm looking at the five night package on the Silhouette 14 day on October 22nd which works out (mine is shown in Cdn) to be about $26 a day which equates to about 40% off - correct me if I'm wrong but the best I could expect on board is a 2 for 1 of 50% off? So a huge risk for a potential gain of 10%? (Assuming one is committed to paying for dinner 5 times).

The first choice is made for you - you have no control other than selecting a time?

"Be aware that the dining packages have preset options for which dining venues you will have access to book a reservation. These are all displayed on the Celebrity website, so take a look to know if you are willing to accept those options."

So, as Silhouette has five dining options does that mean you are limited to one booking per restaurant?

How does Sushi on 5 work as it is a la carte?

thanks

2calgarycruisers -

See my post above to WEGL81. At the end of the day, you should make the purchase of a dining package at a particular price that makes the most sense to you at the time you are shopping and don't think about it later about how much more you could have saved if you had just waited. You could have missed out all together if the dining packages or individual reservations were unavailable and then be very disappointed.

Regarding Sushi on 5, this is a new venue to me since my last cruise and I don't have any information on how it works being part of the pre-set price in a dining package with respect to how much you can eat or if you have access to all items on the menu.

Yes S on 5 is.

To avoid the required 1st night they make the choice, is why we wait till on board to book. On the last 3 cruises we have not had any price difference then compared to doing it pre-sailing.

EW

wallie5446-

Good to know and thanks for reporting this. :)

For the Ultimate Package, do you need to book that super early or is it not available on all sailings? I'm looking at my Planner right now for Dec 9 and they have the 5 dinner for $134.10 or $26.82per night or the 3 Dinner for $89.99 or $30/night, but no mention of the Ultimate.

Also, if anyone knows how Sushi on 5 works with the package, information would be appreciated. We love Sushi and look forward to trying it!

chadwickx16-

As you are probably aware by now, the "Ultimate Package" can ONLY be purchased on the ship and may not be available for all sailings. Early boarding to get this, if available, is necessary.

But I thought you can't a package once you are onboard? Also can I, for example if I chose eat at Murano five times?

2calgarycruisers-

You can have access to dining packages once on the ship because the ship will hold a few packages for sale once you board. However, these can sell out quickly so make sure you board early and ask early about this at the specialty dining desk that is set up on the ship or at any of the specialty restaurants where a host is present on embarkation day.

No, you cannot buy a dining package and expect to eat at the same restaurant more than the number of times specified on the Celebrity Cruises website. The options for a 3-night, 4-night, or 5-night package are pre-set and generally speaking, not changeable. Once I had the option to switch up an Ocean Liners for a Tuscan Grille when on Constellation, but this is not the norm and probably not likely to happen.

I don't have any information on how Sushi on Five works.

Probably for the same reason a bunch of other "rules" that Celebrity states on their websites are not necessarily followed fleetwide. The above is just a quote from the dining section of the Cruise planner.

WEGL81 -

The website does state that there is a deadline pre-cruise of 4 days to purchase a dining package. I believe this rule is in place so that the cruise line can figure out how much was sold pre-cruise so that the ship can receive that information and then they can figure out (estimate) how many packages they will be able to sell on the ship.

Check the details of what you're buying. A few of the 5 night packages now include Sushi on 5 which I have no interest in. That might be why you're seeing a price reduction from what it was before. We did fine buying a 3 night package for cheaper onboard than it was online on Constellation and didn't have to use it the first night.

AGREE - I think Reflection 5-nite pkg includes 1 Porch visit (reg price $25) - Check X website.

Be aware 1-2 specialty lunches offered on sea days - ask when boarding - price has been $25 for specialty lunch.

Things can vary voyage to voyage, ship to ship BUT we have done 3-9 specialty meals each 7-day trip for the last 20 Celeb trips.

At the dining pkg website, they quote the packages '% savings' based on the pkg price vs sum of their selected restaurants a la carte prices.

The pkgs allow X to spread out seating by times and capacities, manage staff assignments, etc so they attract customers with discount that includes 'X assign first night time, location', which restaurants.

Have seen many board posts over the years about not being allowed to switch the restaurant mix once onboard but maybe 10% of posters say they were allowed. Good Luck

For the Ultimate Package, do you need to book that super early or is it not available on all sailings? I'm looking at my Planner right now for Dec 9 and they have the 5 dinner for $134.10 or $26.82per night or the 3 Dinner for $89.99 or $30/night, but no mention of the Ultimate.

Also, if anyone knows how Sushi on 5 works with the package, information would be appreciated. We love Sushi and look forward to trying it!

I'm also on the December 9 Equinox and I'm now seeing the 5 night package for $125. Celebrity's website shows the Equinox 5 night packages include 1 night in Murano and two each in Tuscan and Silk Harvest. Other ship's 5 night packages do include Sushi on 5. We don't like Sushi, so this would suite us. Has anyone been on the Equinox recently and can verify that the website is accurate concerning the 5 night package?

Laura

I'm also on the December 9 Equinox and I'm now seeing the 5 night package for $125. Celebrity's website shows the Equinox 5 night packages include 1 night in Murano and two each in Tuscan and Silk Harvest. Other ship's 5 night packages do include Sushi on 5. We don't like Sushi, so this would suite us. Has anyone been on the Equinox recently and can verify that the website is accurate concerning the 5 night package?

Laura

Equinox got Sushi on 5 yesterday so watch for the package possibly changing.