Insane prices on Star Panama Canal

lmcgrail

Don't need free booz or soda.

As for free internet I am trying to get away from that madness.

Free excursions in and out the bus.......

I enjoy the sea and service.

No shopping, cleaning, cooking just rest.

But all cruise lines are no giving free this and that for a high price.

Thanks to someone on here, can't remember the thread, they did point out at least one good sailing value remaining. I yesterday book an SF on the Pearl for 2017, a 9 day cruise, $1910 pp including port fees and taxes. That also includes the 4 promos (drink package, dining package, wifi, and NCL tour discounts). And....for the suites, the drink and dining service charges are covered. Plus TA kicked in a bit of OBC. And booked using an FCC I had getting $250 credit for what I paid $125 for. So, with all that and an SF and 9 days....pretty happy. However, had it not been pointed out to me, I only saw all the super high prices otherwise.

If it is the one leaving on the 14th, you are on the same cruise we booked a few weeks ago. I feel like the price for that being a 9 day cruise and the pearl being refurbished next year is a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yikes.

Reading about the above pricing was astonishing.

So, we just looked at prices for an OS on the Sun, for a 10 day Caribbean cruise.

$14k.

Before taxes and gratuities and "everything else" that is an "add on".

Er, that's PER PERSON.

No, not a holiday season.

Now, heading over to Oceania, for the same price, same number of nights, one can get their top suite, also called an OS, but the two suites aren't remotely similar.

On Oceania, that price gets one 2,000 (yes, two thousand) square feet.

Not only is it larger, but it's more like a huge suite at a Ritz Carlton, complete with designer furnishings.

Same price.

Did I mention... same price?

We wouldn't pay that for the Oceania OS.

Don't need it.

But even to *think* about that pricing (~$3k per day per couple) on NCL...!!

We've sailed in Haven suites (for more nights) over major holidays in the past, and the prices were absolutely not even close.

$30,000+ for 10 days off-season for 2 people?

This isn't even one of the large suites on the new ships!

Wow.

And... Oceania will get us any size/shape containers of Diet Coke we request ;)

At NO additional cost.

Given that NCL is having lots of trouble filling suites as it is, check out all the upsell threads, why would they jack up all the prices? Why wouldn't you price the suites more reasonably so they sell out vs having to fire sail them?

Jack up the prices first and then run a 50% off sale (read my lips :p :eek: :rolleyes:)

It's (possible) part of NCLH's new revenue pivots - this is an interesting article about the weakness of the Euro market pax & lowered onboard spending and pinning on Asia and the Americas. http://host.madison.com/business/investment/markets-and-stocks/why-norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-dropped-in-june/article_d1d71868-5440-5aa7-84bf-9f410a011fd9.html

Edited by mking8288

Jack up the prices first and then run a 50% off sale (read my lips :p :eek: :rolleyes:)

It's (possible) part of NCLH's new revenue pivots - this is an interesting article about the weakness of the Euro market pax & lowered onboard spending and pinning on Asia and the Americas. http://host.madison.com/business/investment/markets-and-stocks/why-norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-dropped-in-june/article_d1d71868-5440-5aa7-84bf-9f410a011fd9.html

Haha! Even at 50% off we still wouldn't book the SJ suite on the Star for the Panama Canal. Now 75% and we may have a deal. :cool: