Is there something wrong with this stateroom?

trvllin1

I just booked E-115 on the Regal Princess for the 22 day fall crossing cruise September 1, 2017. The description shows this cabin to be a deluxe balcony at 303 sq. feet - quite a lot larger than the standard deluxe balcony at 233 sq. feet. It is not obstructed and other than being very far forward I can't see the disadvantage. But it seems like there must be a "catch" to account for the much larger size shown. Has anyone cruised in one of these DF staterooms? It was also less expensive than the mid-aft deluxe balcony I was also considering. Any help would be appreciated!

The 303 square feet includes the balcony. The cabin is 233 square feet.

Princess always quotes the balcony cabin sizes including the balcony, so I doubt that is the reason. Also that cabin doesn't show as either an extended balcony or a slighltly longer cabin. There are some cabins on that deck that show as extended balconies though, but not that one, unless the Princess deck plans are wrong (which is possible).

A standard balcony is 222 sq. ft BTW.

I just booked E-115 on the Regal Princess for the 22 day fall crossing cruise September 1, 2017. The description shows this cabin to be a deluxe balcony at 303 sq. feet - quite a lot larger than the standard deluxe balcony at 233 sq. feet. It is not obstructed and other than being very far forward I can't see the disadvantage. But it seems like there must be a "catch" to account for the much larger size shown. Has anyone cruised in one of these DF staterooms? It was also less expensive than the mid-aft deluxe balcony I was also considering. Any help would be appreciated!
There are many errors regarding cabin sizes on the deck plans and your example is just one of them. The 303 sq. ft.is just plain wrong [emoji848] Most balcony cabins on the Royal/Regal are 222 sq. ft. including the balcony and deluxe balcony cabins are 233 sq. ft. including the balcony. The only differences are the cabins in the center "bump out" section, true aft cabins on all decks, and cabins all the way forward on Emerald, Marina and Lido decks. Edited by IECalCruiser

I think the deck plan is incorrect. The only thing that is really wrong with this cabin is that I am NOT BOOKED IN IT! I will gladly take your place on this cruise and check it out for you! :)

Princess web site shows E-115 as 233 sq. ft.

Actually, if you hover your mouse over the cabin on the deck plan it says approximately 233 square feet. However, if you click on the "view details" link it shows 303 square feet as the total size.

So....who knows?? :roll eyes:

Edit: I just checked our Dolphin Deck Deluxe Balcony cabin and both spots show 233 square feet. So perhaps there is a size difference for E115 or maybe not...... :)

Edited by msmoger

Mt reference web site shows the stateroom size as: 233 sq ft

and balcony as: 41 sq ft sq ft.

I've had a room on the Royal with these dimensions & the balcony is far from being "deluxe".

I think it the minimum size balcony that they offer. If it were any smaller, 2 people couldn't stand there at the same time. :rolleyes:

Actually, if you hover your mouse over the cabin on the deck plan it says approximately 233 square feet. However, if you click on the "view details" link it shows 303 square feet as the total size.

So....who knows?? :roll eyes:

Edit: I just checked our Dolphin Deck Deluxe Balcony cabin and both spots show 233 square feet. So perhaps there is a size difference for E115 or maybe not...... :)

Trust me [emoji6] The website is wrong [emoji33] I could probably show you dozens of issues. Many of which I have verified.

Well do I know how many mistakes Princess makes, in ALL AREAS, so this certainly could be one of those! Even though we are elite, I quit sailing princess after a particularly egregious set of screw ups on our last cruise. If I could find this itinerary on another line at approximately the same price, I would choose any other line.

When looking at the Regal deck plan, hovering over almost any deluxe balcony stateroom shows the description as "Approximately 233-303 sq. feet including balcony..." I had to go on a fishing expedition to find these, but from E-211 thru E-223, and E-203, E204, E-205, and E207 all the descriptions show 303 sq ft. when you click on the specific cabins. Many of the port side DF staterooms in that area are also shown as 303 sq. feet. I also noticed that the Emerald deck plan is not the same from port to starboard in that area, which seems a little odd. I saw some of these 303 sq. foot descriptions on Riviera, far forward as well, but didn't check all the decks.

I was just hoping that someone on the board had actually stayed in one of those staterooms and would let me know how it was. Otherwise, we will have to wait over a year for me to find out and post! Ha!

I think the deck plan is incorrect. The only thing that is really wrong with this cabin is that I am NOT BOOKED IN IT! I will gladly take your place on this cruise and check it out for you! :)

LOL! :D As usual, Thrak has got it right. ;)

• 2 years later...