Hotel near Vatican or City Hall

Sandi07054

We are arriving in Rome on Saturday. Flight is around 10:45. Am. We want to go to Vatican because Sunday it's closed. Sunday we will go to colleseum forum etc. Monday we get on cruise

Made reservations for 2 nights at hotel della colisizione near vatican. But now thinking I should change to albergo del senato because it is more centrally located

Would love your advice. Thank you

Mary

We stayed at a place in the Monti area (Hotel Grifo) and it was very central to everything. It was close to Termini Stn also which was nice. There are plenty of great restaurants within a 2 block radius as well as gelato shops. 10min walk to most of the major sights (Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, etc). Price was right, rooms small but very comfortable and 24/7 front desk.

We stayed at Albergo del Senato last September for five nights. It's a wonderful hotel in a fantastic location. We were assigned the only room with a balcony which was a real treat. Join their mailing list for a discount code.

Another hotel I would recommend is Albergo Cesari. It's less than a ten minute walk to the Pantheon and quite a bit less expensive than Albergo del Senato. We stayed there for three nights in June and will again in October.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I'm going to suggest that you rethink your Vatican plans. If you are flying from the States and don't arrive until 10:45, by the time you get your luggage and get into the city it will be well after noon.

It's nearly impossible to convey to someone who has not been there how crowded and hot the Vatican museums are. Tired after a long flight and a six hour time change is not a great way to experience them. To acclimate to the time change you're much better off spending your first day in Rome outdoors in fresh air and, hopefully, sunshine.

I think you'd enjoy it much more if you wait and visit the museums first thing Monday morning before leaving for the port.