Current Captains

lakemurraykid

Thank you, John! We are on the Zuiderdam Quebec City to FLL sailing October 7, 2016. Any idea of the Captain and Exec Staff on board? Thank you, Sir!

Capt. Jeroen van Donselaar

HD Ron Bontenbal

DRM I Gede Putu Indra Bangsawan

CD Linda Minnikin

Should be a good one! :)

Great! Thanks, Copper 10-8! I agree!

KenNMB

Volendam: NYC to Bermuda (1978)

Nieuw Amsterdam Seattle to Alaska (2007)

Noordam: Port Everglades TA to Rome (2014)

Zuiderdam: to Panama (partial) (2015)

Veendam: Port Everglades to Montreal (Spring 2016)

Zuiderdam: Quebec City to Port Everglades (Fall 2016)

Yes, he did this year's grand world voyage on AMDM and, as a matter of fact, he's taking over Amsterdam's conn in Seattle, WA today from Capt. Fred Eversen

Thank you so much. He is wonderful. We have previously sailed twice when he was in command and he officiated when we renewed our vows. Thank you again.

I thought I read somewhere that Captain Van Eerten would be back on Westerdam in October. We are leaving Oct 18 from Vancouver for Mexico and hoping this is true.

Hoping some familiar faces will be on board. Any way to know who the PG Manager will be?

I thought I read somewhere that Captain Van Eerten would be back on Westerdam in October. We are leaving Oct 18 from Vancouver for Mexico and hoping this is true.

Hoping some familiar faces will be on board. Any way to know who the PG Manager will be?

Yes, you'll have Captain van Eerten back by then

PG Mngr is scheduled to be Gabor Csoma, very experienced

Hi John - I usually don't ask about the officers and staff on board, because they're all good in my book, but this time, I'm getting antsy and I just NEED to know:D Who's on the Maasdam, August 29-September 12? Give me the whole team, if you can:)

Dank u wel,

Old as Dirt Mom (Oude als vuil moeder, according to Microsoft translator;))

(formerly "middle-aged mom", I got old fast)

Hi John - I usually don't ask about the officers and staff on board, because they're all good in my book, but this time, I'm getting antsy and I just NEED to know:D Who's on the Maasdam, August 29-September 12? Give me the whole team, if you can:)

Dank u wel,

Old as Dirt Mom (Oude als vuil moeder, according to Microsoft translator;))

(formerly "middle-aged mom", I got old fast)

Hi ex-Moeder van middelbare leeftijd - like that one better than 'old as dirt' ;)

Maasie:

Capt Arno Jutten

HD Mike Mahn

CD Jeremy Whited

DRM Ida Bagus Sugiantha

Hullo Sir, do you know who is bringing the Maasdam downunder for our 43 day circumnav. in October?

Thank you,

Susan

Maasie 20 OCT - 18 NOV 2016 Sydney to Sydney circumnavigation

Capt Ane Jan Smit

HD Mike Mahn

CD Kieron Buffery :)

DRM Ida Bagus Sugiantha

Volendam must be the only one left to find out who the Captain is; more particularly on the 28th September sailing from Vancouver to Asia.

Thanks, Copper John!

Edited by ozcruizer
omitted a word

Volendam must be the only one left to find out who the Captain is; more particularly on the 28th September sailing from Vancouver to Asia.

Thanks, Copper John!

You're scheduled to get Capt. Jeroen Baaijens on Volie, Mate ;) Take care down there in your beautiful country

COLOR="Indigo"]You're scheduled to get Capt. Jeroen Baaijens on Volie, Mate ;) Take care down there in your beautiful country

[/color][/size][/font]

Thanks, Copper. We are fond of the Volie so looking forward to another cruise on her.

I apologize in advance - not a captain inquiry - I am wondering how I can find priest assignments. I will be on the Zuiderdam next week for a 29-d itinerary (Aug 9 - Sep 7) & am curious who the priest(s) will be.

Thanks so much in advance for any info on where to search. 😀

Yes, you'll have Captain van Eerten back by then

PG Mngr is scheduled to be Gabor Csoma, very experienced

Thanks John for always being there to answer any of our questions and more importantly being there to keep us safe!! I'm hoping that one of these days we will be able to meet face to face.

Thanks John for always being there to answer any of our questions and more importantly being there to keep us safe!! I'm hoping that one of these days we will be able to meet face to face.

Second that ! Copper you already covered mine. NADM Dec 11th [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I apologize in advance - not a captain inquiry - I am wondering how I can find priest assignments. I will be on the Zuiderdam next week for a 29-d itinerary (Aug 9 - Sep 7) & am curious who the priest(s) will be.

Sorry, the clergy assigned to ships and working onboard are like "guest entertainers" (for a lack of a better word). They do not appear in the crew lists

Thanks for the kind words y'all! :) Likewise as far as meeting!

Hi Birder1, it is my understanding that HAL works with the Apostleship of the Sea program to provide priests for their cruises. Father "Himself" here on this board is one of the priests who offer chaplain services for not only passengers (of all Christian denominations), but crew as well. The priests must be in good standing with their dioceses, and they are vetted by the Apostleship of the Sea program. I include a link below in case it's helpful. Sorry I can't answer your question specifically. Hopefully Father "Himself" will see this post and might be able to offer you more information.

http://www.aos-usa.org/

Thank you soooo much!!!! 😀😀😀

Hi Birder1, it is my understanding that HAL works with the Apostleship of the Sea program to provide priests for their cruises. Father "Himself" here on this board is one of the priests who offer chaplain services for not only passengers (of all Christian denominations), but crew as well. The priests must be in good standing with their dioceses, and they are vetted by the Apostleship of the Sea program. I include a link below in case it's helpful. Sorry I can't answer your question specifically. Hopefully Father "Himself" will see this post and might be able to offer you more information.

Sorry, the clergy assigned to ships and working onboard are like "guest entertainers" (for a lack of a better word). They do not appear in the crew lists

You might be able to find out by contacting the Apostleship of the Sea USA

Always trying to get me in trouble. (Just kidding) You gave the right link.

'

Hello, Himself!

I enjoyed the link; I couldn't find the ship-priest assignments. It's not critical.

I'm just happy HAL has this program!

Hello, Himself!

I enjoyed the link; I couldn't find the ship-priest assignments. It's not critical.

I'm just happy HAL has this program!

Hou would have to call the Apostolate. I think the phone number is on the website.