British Colonial Hilton Nassau

shaycaravella

I know an above poster said there wasn't anyone trying to push you to braid your hair, which is always nice, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the resort itself has someone who will do it? I think my DD would like it but I don't want to risk lice on the street.

I did not see anything within the resort. They have a little shop inside, but that was it. There is a hut where you check out towels and kayak paddles, but other than that it was just the beach. There was a stand at the little market right at the port that was offering hair braiding though.

Looking to visit a resort for the day when we travel on Oasis on August 21st. Have been looking at reviews for The Hilton Nassau and it seems like it is a good deal. $60 pp including $40 pp food/drink. What is everyones take on this? Any other resorts I should consider. Also, when is the best time to book. I want to make sure that the weather will be good for that day.

SC

We have done this numerous times and loved it, however, we were also in port until midnight.. I'll book it every time we are in Nassau..:p

• 3 weeks later...

How often does the Hilton sell out?

Since we have HMC the following day, I'm holding off on planning a beach day in Nassau, BUT want to consider options (aside from Junkanoo Beach) if the weather looks like it could turn at any moment. There are five smaller ships docking on our day total with what I consider a "moderate" port load.

I use a mobility scooter while the wife walks, so any beach has to be within walking distance of the port as she doesn't want to leave my side.

How often does the Hilton sell out?

Since we have HMC the following day, I'm holding off on planning a beach day in Nassau, BUT want to consider options (aside from Junkanoo Beach) if the weather looks like it could turn at any moment. There are five smaller ships docking on our day total with what I consider a "moderate" port load.

I use a mobility scooter while the wife walks, so any beach has to be within walking distance of the port as she doesn't want to leave my side.

I don't think the end of October is a busy time so you'll probably be alright waiting till you get there. But since you don't really have a Plan B, I'd recommend going ahead and booking in advance. If you book through Island Marketing, you only have to pay a deposit (you pay the balance at the hotel), so you wouldn't be out that much if the weather turns bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Our family booked a day there and it was a positive experience. Short walk from the disembarkment area. Would do it again! It wasn't crowded and staff was helpful and friendly. Small clean beach and nice heated pool. Nice view of the Ships coming in. Food was good and we had several mixed drinks too with the $40 food credit. It was myself, my spouse and our 2 children ages 10 and 7. It was tough trying to use all the credit but we did it. We wanted a beach day and this was perfect for our family.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for your input on the British Colonial Hilton Day Pass .. Our ship will be there from 8 - 5:00 and I think I'm going to book this... It's me and my parents (both in their 80s) and they enjoy sitting around a pool and relaxing.

I have just one question if anyone can answer for me.. Can Mom get there without a problem using her electric scooter ?

Thank you ...

I prefer Melia- just a short $1.25 bus trip down to the resort and same back and if you get the option with the buffet it is really good with chicken, ribs, dogs, burgers, salads, pastas, pizza etc. and drinks. Three pools, beautiful beach and it includes the chairs/grass type umbrellas and towels. I used to go to the BC Hilton until i discovered the Melia. No comparison.

How long does it take to get there by cab? Also, do you know if there is other food to buy other than the buffet? Do they bring food and drinks out to you? Thanks very much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks all for your input on the British Colonial Hilton Day Pass .. Our ship will be there from 8 - 5:00 and I think I'm going to book this... It's me and my parents (both in their 80s) and they enjoy sitting around a pool and relaxing.

I have just one question if anyone can answer for me.. Can Mom get there without a problem using her electric scooter ?

Thank you ...

I don't think it would be an issue. There are sidewalks, though there is also some cobblestone and I'm not sure how that would work with the scooter? You might try using Google maps satellite view to have a look at the streets? Not sure that would get close enough though. But we've been twice and it's a pretty easy walk on sidewalks.

How long does it take to get there by cab? Also, do you know if there is other food to buy other than the buffet? Do they bring food and drinks out to you? Thanks very much!!

No buffet. You order off a menu and the wait staff will deliver. You can let them know if you'd like them to come back more often or not. They service the pool area and all the lounge type beds in the grassy area and they also serve the beach area. There are several tables and chairs in the covered patio/bar area. Food and drinks are very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did British Colonial a few years back and it was nice with good food. We will be back in Nassau next weekend and after reading about Melia and RIU (or is it RUi?) I'm thinking of trying those. How far of a ride is it to both and about how much for a cab for 2 and do we need a ferry to get to RIU?