Other than 7111 and 7108, what....

Iamthesea

Yes, I noticed a $250 pp difference in cost from A2 to A1 on our sailing. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That is quite a difference usually they are about $100 pp for the next cat up in the A & B cabins

what cruise are you looking at ?? Just curious

There is. $50 difference from A4 to A3 and from A3 to A2. Then the price jumps $200 to the A1, not $250.

mpfund and Tiptwo2 - Were you able to also received the perks that were being offered by both Oceania and your TA, or did Oceania have restrictions on those since the cruise was discounted?

I have not had a chance to work on this today. Been out of town all day. DH and I did decide on a stateroom last night. We are sticking with a B3. :) All I have to do is call the TA.

Edited by Iamthesea

There is. $50 difference from A4 to A3 and from A3 to A2. Then the price jumps $200 to the A1, not $250.

I guess the next deck higher up costs more ;)

location location location

Iamthesea, we received the O discount and the TA perks. When O further discounted the cruise and offered ALL three OLife perks (instead of choosing one), our TA made sure those happened also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got all the perks that applied when we booked -- which was before the noro cruise. It was 4 excursions, free grats, and free internet. O just applied the credit, dropping the total price. But I think the perks changed depending on when you booked.

Ask for everything -- they can only say no!

For quiet, we have enjoyed up sells to B1's on Deck 8, with passenger cabins on the decks above and below. Being a mid-ships only gal, the location is great for me, anywhere between the laundry room and the aft elevators.

Off topic: Glad to read you are giving Oceania another go. Gerry finally picked up an Oceania booklet for the first time only a few weeks ago and has mentioned liking the itinerary for a Barcelona to London cruise on Marina in May 2017. But he has made no cruising commitments past our Norwegian fjords cruise RT Amsterdam embarking next week on Azamara Quest.

Pam,

I had planned to write you an email, if we were to go through with this booking, to see if you and Gerry wanted to join us on this tester cruise. :D

We will probably be looking for something to take us back to Europe next spring. The plan is to wait until mid January or so, to book. After DH retires, we will have more flexibility to sail last minute. If we can find a deal in both air and cruise, we will jump onboard. :)

Your upcoming cruise sounds wonderful. We will be interested to hear how you like Azamara. ;)

Sorry that I am just now getting back to this thread. I have had a problem with the TA that I use occasionally. The rep (male) that first called me 3 nights ago, and left a message for me to call him back, has not answered his phone or messages to call me back. :rolleyes: I finally called the TA office today and asked for a new rep. Talked with a very nice woman who took my information and agreed to check with Oceania on my credit. The credit amount has been confirmed. :D

So, here's the thing. I was planning on booking with the "big box" TA (which I have used a few times before) because of the significant OBC or other perks usually given. The TA rep is saying that she cannot offer anything other than what is included by Oceania (Internet and one other perk included with the O-Life. We would take the $600 OBC for our one week cruise. :)). Because the standard fare is being reduced with our Oceania Noro credit, the fare would be non-commissionable and therefore the TA cannot offer the usual 5% of cruise fare in OBC.:(. What they will give is the $50 Loyalty OBC which is standard for members of this TA.

So, overall, I am happy with being able to take a one week Caribbean cruise on Oceania for less than $825pp in a B3, plus have free Internet and the $600 OBC. We can easily drink on that and have extra for gratuities or an excursion or two. :)

What I am trying to decide is whether the small amount of OBC ($50 Loyalty) from TA is worth the hassle to book with TA or should I just book directly with Oceania? Better to book with Oceania and cut out the middleman in case of problems. Plus, it would be easier if we wanted to upgrade our stateroom should pricing go down. Or even ask for an Upsell!

Opinions of you that have experience booking with Oceania directly?

Edited by Iamthesea

Scratch what I said/asked before. I have been out all day and obviously very tired. :eek: :rolleyes:

Of course we want to book with the TA! They have the best cruise fare. We will be saving $400 pp ($800 total) by booking with the TA versus Oceania. That's the whole reason I was looking at this cruise in the first place. Oh my, I think I am losing my mind sometimes. :)

Edited by Iamthesea

I have just moved my cabin on the Riviera from 8035 B2 and downgraded to cabin 7114 B3 for the extended balcony. I was in a PH1 on last cruise so I am not familiar with this Cat. . Just want to confirm this is a extended balcony. Many thanks, Heather

We are officially booked on the 2/1/2017 7 night Marina to the Caribbean. The make-up cruise. ;)

As I mentioned before, we found a great rate through our TA. In addition, DH and I each had $925 credit from Oceania because of the 2/12/16 Noro Virus cruise. So our 7 night cruise in a B3 (we picked 7116) is ending up costing us only $850pp. :D A bargain when combined with the $650 OBC we will receive along with free Internet.! We will use miles for our flights.

If things go well (A well cruise, and the service is back up to what it's suppose to be on Oceania.), and the food is as good as it was on the last cruise, we should have an enjoyable and relaxing week onboard. ;)