first timer

johnson1105

ok everyone please set my mind to ease! setting out for first cruise on the Star Princess Nov 6, from Ft. Lauderdale.

This is will be our honeymoon, we are getting married Nov 5 in VA and driving down to Fla right after the wedding.

My concerns;

....port everglades

....cruise itinerary changes

....rough sea/weather

Just nervous wondering with everything going on with last minute wedding plans/changes... and now the whole cruise thing

just need some assurance from veteran cruisers

THANKS!!!

Your first good move was signing onto this board! You'll get lots of up-to-date information and if you haven't yet....find the roll-call for your cruise. You will be able to trade information with others on your sailing.

Port Everglades should be back up in a couple of days. Itinerary changes happen for all sorts of reasons but not as often as you would think. Wherever you go you'll be having a great time! As far as the weather is concerned don't worry about it!! It's something no one can control but the ships will steer clear of any big problems. Relax, enjoy and happy honeymoon!!!!

ok everyone please set my mind to ease! setting out for first cruise on the Star Princess Nov 6, from Ft. Lauderdale.

This is will be our honeymoon, we are getting married Nov 5 in VA and driving down to Fla right after the wedding.

My concerns;

....port everglades

....cruise itinerary changes

....rough sea/weather

Just nervous wondering with everything going on with last minute wedding plans/changes... and now the whole cruise thing

just need some assurance from veteran cruisers

THANKS!!!

Welcome! As noted above, you have nothing to worry about...except becoming addicted to it.

:eek:

For one thing, it's 10 days from now! I'd worry about the wedding at this point and wait at least a week before worrying about the cruise.

1. Port Everglades will probably be open by then, and if not, you will probably leave out of the Port of Miami which is no big deal. :)

2. If the itinerary changes, who cares!! It will be your first big adventure as a married couple! Something to tell your family about! ;)

3. We never get sea sick so to us, the rougher the better. Lots of fun! If you had wanted a non-rocky vacation you could have gone to a hotel! :eek:

Just in case though, buy a pack of Bonine at Wal Mart for any possible seasickness. ;) (Also, if there aren't any new storms in the area, it will probably be very smooth. Significant rocking and rolling is fairly rare!)

Have a great wedding and a great honeymoon!! :D

Can't add anything else to the good advice you've already received. I can assure you this - You will have a wonderful time and probably be hooked on cruising like most of us are. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and have a great honeymoon cruise.

johnson1105 - Welcome to Princess! We'll be sailing with you. Our itinerary has changed. We will now be going to MAJAHUAL on the 8th. That is our first stop. Princess Cays is our last. GC and MB are still on so far...

Congrats on your wedding! What a perfect honeymoon!:D

Check out our roll call and chat with others on the same sailing

Take Care,

Courtney

Hi all! My boyfriend and I are going to be on the Star Princess Nov. 6th as well, it is going to be our first time on a cruise as well. I am so excited. I have already gotten loads of tips from all of you veteran cruisers already on this forum (thanks to all by the way):) but I was curious about those "sea bands" that I have heard about for sea sickness. Do they work? Any other pre-cruise tips out there to help us first-timers out? Thanks!

Samantha

For one thing, it's 10 days from now! I'd worry about the wedding at this point and wait at least a week before worrying about the cruise.

1. Port Everglades will probably be open by then, and if not, you will probably leave out of the Port of Miami which is no big deal. :)

2. If the itinerary changes, who cares!! It will be your first big adventure as a married couple! Something to tell your family about! ;)

3. We never get sea sick so to us, the rougher the better. Lots of fun! If you had wanted a non-rocky vacation you could have gone to a hotel! :eek:

Just in case though, buy a pack of Bonine at Wal Mart for any possible seasickness. ;) (Also, if there aren't any new storms in the area, it will probably be very smooth. Significant rocking and rolling is fairly rare!)

Have a great wedding and a great honeymoon!! :D

Great advice! It's your honeymoon! Don't stress over things you cannot change! Just enjoy!

Archived