St. Croix?

addie

On our January 2005 Radiance cruise, we stopped briefly at St. Croix for re-fueling. I was just wondering if that was still being done now on eastern caribbean itineraries.

And if so, how has it changed? There really was nothing going on there then, it was late at night, a local carnival and a few shops open.

I'm not sure that the Voyager ships were ever stopping there. I think it was just the Radiance class ships with their gas turbine engines.

We did stop there last April on Serenade and found just about the same thing as addie. I think we were off the ship for an hour at most.

We stopped in November on the Voyager... There used to be a thread on this. I believe that they discontinued this stop shortly after starting it (I heard it was an issue of safety... not so sure it is true).

We were on the Radiance class ship Brilliance of the Seas in January of this year and there were at that time rumours of stopping in St. Croix to top off our fuel and maybe visit the isalnd for a VERY short time... never happened.

Archived