Solo on board Viking cruise

traveled

Does anyone know if there is anything that Viking helps a solo with? Are all passengers couples or are there some solos? I found a cruise that I am interested in but when cruising especially at meal time I hate to feel line a 5th wheel. On the last cruise most of the people were my age 70 and above so we had many of the same interests. Is english spoken or do I have to use my horrable german?

Viking presumes and charges all cabins at a double rate, I.e., if you travel by yourself you will be charged as tho two were in the cabin not one. Re serving solo travelers, not really; however altho I'm traveling with hubby we don't always do things together which really isn't that bad. I've met some neat people this week. Altho it's clear that there are definitely some tight travel groups. Nevertheless, if you can swing paying double, it's a matter of attitude but not saying it's easy. Have seen sister pairs, friend pairs, and mother-daughter pairs on this cruise (Viking Homelands to Stockholm). So if you can find someone to travel with, that's an option.

Edited by CharTrav

I think Viking now has a single supplement fee.

We've dined with singles while on river cruises and, as noted above, not every couple does everything together. There were some tours that one person did and not the other.

The fact that you are considering it is great! Go for it and make it your cruise!

It's a great group of people; I'm sure people will make you feel welcome, whether they're alone themselves or with someone else. Much of the dining is at a table with others, with the maitre D putting people together at a table. Therefore, I don't think you'll feel out of place.

Too bad you're not cruising with me. I speak some horrible German myself, but all crew members speak English, and most of the passengers do, too.

It's possible Viking has a special get-together for solo travelers like some cruise lines do. However, at this point I forget if they had that or not.

Go for it. You'll love it.