My 7th Aug cruise - we cancelled in the end

densol

Thanks to everyone who posted on my earlier thread and your good wishes. We cancelled in the end. I just could not take the risk of my son getting unwell. I knew in my heart it was right to cancel. The psychiatrist made that decision for me today, and it was a relief to have the decision taken away from me. I can just now concentrate on my son.

Calling RCI was hard but actually over very quickly as I got a good agent and the cancelled invoice was almost instant plus all the excursions and OBC has come back as well ( or will )

My insurance co were great too and sent me the forms ( thank god I got decent insurance !) The paychiatrist is writing me a letter.

There will be other cruises. In months/ next year etc when he is well or stable ( depending on the eventual diagnoses ) I'll probs book a last minute cruise.

Thanks again

Denise

I feel for you but know you've made the right decision for you and your son.

I remember making that call after suffering a heart attack a few weeks before our booked cruise. But there have been other cruises as you say, and health always comes first.

My best wishes to you and your family

There will be more cruises to come in the future :) It's best to get your lad sorted first

I had to cancel a cruise only 6 weeks before departure in March due to a heart condition I was diagnosed with. I got a full refund through my insurance too. I am now hoping to go away in October :) Health is the most important thing

Thanks to everyone who posted on my earlier thread and your good wishes. We cancelled in the end. I just could not take the risk of my son getting unwell. I knew in my heart it was right to cancel. The psychiatrist made that decision for me today, and it was a relief to have the decision taken away from me. I can just now concentrate on my son.

Calling RCI was hard but actually over very quickly as I got a good agent and the cancelled invoice was almost instant plus all the excursions and OBC has come back as well ( or will )

My insurance co were great too and sent me the forms ( thank god I got decent insurance !) The paychiatrist is writing me a letter.

There will be other cruises. In months/ next year etc when he is well or stable ( depending on the eventual diagnoses ) I'll probs book a last minute cruise.

Thanks again

Denise

Very pleased to read all is ending well for you. I am sending prayers your son gets well quickly and that ends equally as well for you and your family...Be Blessed :)