Navigator Suite - SS Navigator

My wife and I have booked a Navigator Suite for a Med cruise in September and have recently read that noise can be heard early in the morning when staff are arranging sunbeds etc on the deck above.

Does anyone have any experience/information to share?

Thanks in advance.

We were in 932 years ago and we had problems with noise at night, well after the pool closed - but there was a large corporate group on board who sort of refused to abide by the pool and pool bar hours. We had to call the desk several times and finally go up and get some people involved to have them move.

I think it was a fluke, but we've never booked under the pool deck since then. Having said that, though, we never had problems with noise in the morning - it was just the late night partying that bothered us. Shouldn't be a problem on a normal cruise.

We would not book a suite under the pool deck. IMO, the best Navigator suite on the Navigator is 1125!

Which, coincidentally, is the only Navigator suite not under the pool deck... :D

Edited by UUNetBill

Which, coincidentally, is the only Navigator suite not under the pool deck... :D

Very observant;) Actually, suite 1125 was the Beauty Salon that was converted into a suite a few years ago. While slightly smaller than a regular Navigator suite, the layout, IMO, is wonderful. Large living room with a bedroom down the hall. It feels like an apartment. Really enjoyed that suite.

My wife and I stayed in 938 for a trip to Bermuda. Will never do that again. 938 is not only under the pool deck but right under the pool grill. Early morning noise from sliding chairs, tables and grill equipment was bad.

Not long ago we stayed in 1125 and found it delightful.

Edited by shuguley

I really believe it comes down to an individual's tolerance for noise. We were in 931 on a cruise from San Francisco to Miami and we loved it. Occasionally we would hear chairs being moved above us but it never really bothered us. I do think forward on the starboard side is probably the quietest. 1125 is nice too, but you are going to feel a lot more motion up there if the seas get rough!

Being under the pool deck is not just a Regent issue but big problem on ALL other cruise lines as well. Unfortunately, that's where they put suites. All of RCL's Grand Suites are right below pool deck. I learned my lesson back then before we started cruising mostly on Regent in 2010.