Caribbean formal nights

davenew

My thought exactly ,why are they even on this board if they don't sail with pando.

They want to change something that others enjoy. Nobody is telling them they have to dress up or indeed to travel with P&O and when you challenge them they get upset.

Why would anyone want all cruise lines to be the same? Surely its about choice.

Edited by dgs1956

I chose my P&O cruise by itinerary and because it fits a friends business requirements not because I want to run around pretending to be an old colonial. Formality is fine now and then but potentially having four formal nights in a fortnight cruise was not in the literature I saw. However I was not complaining about it just saying that I find RCI's approach more appealing and will vote with my feet if I can get the same itinerary without stuffing my shirt.

...and thank goodness for freedom dining[emoji38].

Sorry to disappoint you but freedom dining, if you wish to eat I the dining room, has the same dress code as the 'traditional' fixed dining room.

So you are telling me I have to wear a dinner suit every night?

No just formal nights. Other nights are smart casual. No shorts, t shirts or obvious trainers (ie brightly coloured ot logos).

Chinos, smart dark jeans, collared shirt or polo shirt will be fine for those.

Actually a dinner suit is not required for formal nights, you will get away with collar and tie, plus jacket, lounge suit or business suit will suffice.

No just formal nights. Other nights are smart casual. No shorts, t shirts or obvious trainers (ie brightly coloured ot logos).

Chinos, smart dark jeans, collared shirt or polo shirt will be fine for those.

Actually a dinner suit is not required for formal nights, you will get away with collar and tie, plus jacket, lounge suit or business suit will suffice.

That sounds great. I always go smart casual for dinner and don't mind wearing a suit or tux now and then. Shorts in MDR is not for me and loud T-shirts are for daytime.

That sounds great. I always go smart casual for dinner and don't mind wearing a suit or tux now and then. Shorts in MDR is not for me and loud T-shirts are for daytime.

Keep the tux for the Captains Gala night (or whatever they are going to call it), the one where the captain gives a speech, and there is free fizz, that is the most formal night. It is usually (but not always) the first formal night. The other formal nights get progressively less formal as the cruise goes on. It is very rare for formal nights to be held on port days, they are nearly always on sea days to give plenty time to get ready 😊.

Keep the tux for the Captains Gala night (or whatever they are going to call it), the one where the captain gives a speech, and there is free fizz, that is the most formal night. It is usually (but not always) the first formal night. The other formal nights get progressively less formal as the cruise goes on. It is very rare for formal nights to be held on port days, they are nearly always on sea days to give plenty time to get ready [emoji4].

Sounds ok. Many thanks for taking the trouble to fill me in.