Solstice, Suites, class levels, info

LADinCT

New to this ship and booked a 2B 7 aft deck for Australia/NZ cruise. I don't understand the suites, v concierge, aqua class etc. except they are more money of course. Trying to see if they are worth the extra cost. Not having access to one of the restaurants may irk the husband ha ha. And 12 days is a long time, we've never taken a trip this long, cruise or no.

I booked Go better (which is the free gratuities) and the free wi fi (which sounds like the slow one which is a problem as we will have to do some work)?? Seems that the higher classes have speedier internet? I think they come with all the Go's.

The drink package doesn't seem to make sense as we will most likely order a bottle of wine with dinner, maybe a cocktail prior. Do they have iced tea available all day in the buffet? That is all I drink, plus hot tea. I can't see the husband drinking that much in bottled water.

We only have one Celebrity prior cruise so that doesn't get us much in captains club- do we get any perk? I notice the X agent didn't add it to the rez, so will have to get that added.

Don't understand the dining either, it says Celebrity Select dining which seems to be anytime, but it's listed at 8:30.

Thanks the advice is appreciated.

New to this ship and booked a 2B 7 aft deck for Australia/NZ cruise. I don't understand the suites, v concierge, aqua class etc. except they are more money of course. Trying to see if they are worth the extra cost. Not having access to one of the restaurants may irk the husband ha ha. And 12 days is a long time, we've never taken a trip this long, cruise or no.

I booked Go better (which is the free gratuities) and the free wi fi (which sounds like the slow one which is a problem as we will have to do some work)?? Seems that the higher classes have speedier internet? I think they come with all the Go's.

The drink package doesn't seem to make sense as we will most likely order a bottle of wine with dinner, maybe a cocktail prior. Do they have iced tea available all day in the buffet? That is all I drink, plus hot tea. I can't see the husband drinking that much in bottled water.

We only have one Celebrity prior cruise so that doesn't get us much in captains club- do we get any perk? I notice the X agent didn't add igt to the rez, so will have to get that added.

Don't understand the dining either, it says Celebrity Select dining which seems to be anytime, but it's listed at 8:30.

Everyone has the same Internet. No one gets speedier internet than anyone else :)

The only restaurants you can't go to are Blu and Luminae, which are dedicated restaurants for Aqua Class and Suites respectively. People in those cabins "pay" for the convenience of having dedicated restaurants. If DH wants this, book that type of cabin.

Everyone is assigned a dining time, even when it makes no sense (Select Dining, Aqua Class, and Suites). This is a function of Celebrity IT. As Select, you go to dinner when you choose to do so. Nothing to stress about.

With only one cruise, you are probably Classic on Captain's Club. Benefits can found here https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_classic/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-classic?subtab=true.

Have a great cruise!

We only have one Celebrity prior cruise so that doesn't get us much in captains club- do we get any perk? I notice the X agent didn't add it to the rez, so will have to get that added.

Just a few comments re suite perks in case you do decide to upgrade...

Firstly, you do get a bigger room in a prime location.

Priority boarding and tendering when appropriate.

Dining in Luminae.

Access to Michael's Club including complementary drinks (l know you are not drinkers but it is a great place to meet and mingle pre and post dinner).

You will be able to get excellent complementary teas and coffees in Michael's too and take away water and sodas.

Access to the Michael's Club host who will sort out bookings for you, arrange special events including things like bridge tours.

Butler service including afternoon tea.

Whatever you decide to book I hope you have a great cruise. We do always book suites, it is no one perk that sways our decision, it is the full package...

Firstly, you do get a bigger room in a prime location.

As the OP is on Solstice and if they are considering a Sky Suite I'd advise them to look carefully at the cabin sticky for S-Class because in my view some of them are definitely not in a prime location. Under the buffet and with a large balcony overhang. The latter might be a positive or a negative. Cruise lines will often pick cabins on higher floors as more desirable, but it's not always the case.

Here's a link to the cabins sticky:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Phil

Is S class the least expensive suite?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm out of the country and X's internet isn't cooperating. Plus they are showing only insides available for my date (which isn't quite true) so I can't see prices and what they are,

Is S class the least expensive suite?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm out of the country and X's internet isn't cooperating. Plus they are showing only insides available for my date (which isn't quite true) so I can't see prices and what they are,

The smallest and cheapest suite is a sky suite 2 SS2 Then sky suite 1 SS1...

S class usually refers to the 'Solstice Class' ships which are newer compared to the M class 'Millenium class' ships which are still nice but older.

Edited by chemmo

So I called and they only had concierge available & you don't get the 4 perks, just 2 for Go Better. I don't think it's worth it for that. You don't get a special restaurant or Michael's lounge & it's $1500 more pp.

On Solstice there are four speciality restaurants, which cost extra:

Murano - $50pp

Tuscan Grille - $45pp

Silk Harvest - $35pp

Sushi on Five - a la carte pricing

You can buy packages that cover the first three. A three night package, one meal at each restaurant, is $99. Also they sometimes have special lunches at the various restaurants at lower cost. we went to one at Silk Harvest that cost $20pp.

With the NZ itinerary you'll hardly notice the length of the cruise, there are so many interesting ports to visit. Are you doing Sydney to Auckland, or Auckland to Sydney? Our only complaint with the length of those cruises is the opposite to you, we think they are too short! ;) :D