Question about Southwest cancel

Sea and Me

I don't know if I worded the title correctly however, if we cancel our flights are we to book flights from the time we purchased the tickets or from the time we were to use them?? We purchased in April '16 to fly Aug.'16.

Thanks,

Carol

I don't know if I worded the title correctly however, if we cancel our flights are we to book flights from the time we purchased the tickets or from the time we were to use them?? We purchased in April '16 to fly Aug.'16.

Thanks,

Carol

You have one year from the time you originally purchased the flights to complete other flights.

Also, if you used any travel funds from a previous credit, your one-year may have been reduced. You can check your travel funds and expiration on Southwest's website.

Edited by clarea

Clarea is correct so you will have until April ??, 2017 to finish your last flight. Keep in mind you have to cancel them no less than 10 minutes before your original outbound flight in order to get the credit. Hopefully you won't wait that long but I did have to do that once when I got stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the airport:eek:

Thanks, the flights are canceled and now we have $$$ to use on another flight. Question--flights totaled $944 for both. Now deciding on cruise to FLL in Nov. those flights total (as of today) $670 for both of us. Since there will be $$ left will they keep them for us for some other time?? I know I sound like I'm confused--and I am!!

Thanks,

Carol

Thanks, the flights are canceled and now we have $$$ to use on another flight. Question--flights totaled $944 for both. Now deciding on cruise to FLL in Nov. those flights total (as of today) $670 for both of us. Since there will be $$ left will they keep them for us for some other time?? I know I sound like I'm confused--and I am!!

Thanks,

Carol

Yes, you will still have $274 left to use but that will still need to be used by April. Think of it as a gift card with an expiration date. You can use it as many times as you want as long as there is still money available on it, but it must be used by the expiration date.

Yes, you will still have $274 left to use but that will still need to be used by April. Think of it as a gift card with an expiration date. You can use it as many times as you want as long as there is still money available on it, but it must be used by the expiration date.

Thanks John, the Nov. cruise will take care of some of the $$ and I do have friends in other states!! Maybe give them a surprise visit or there is always another cruise!! Thanks for you quick response.

Have a good day.

Carol