Sea Day Activities with 2 large groups onboard?

bbappel

We have 2 large groups who have scheduled to be on our cruise. I have no objection to groups per se, but I'm curious how this has affected the sea day activities on other cruises. Maybe my concerns are foolish. Are there still art classes, and interesting lectures, and napkin folding, and cake decorating? What about trivia challenges? We enjoy knowing these activities are available on sea days whether we participate or not.

I like to kid myself that I could and will do all the activities, but then we are chatting with someone over lunch and that is more important than learning how to fold napkins. I do usually attend art classes if they are available but they haven't always been. I know I will still thoroughly enjoy my cruise because my husband and I can have fun just about anywhere, but it could affect my perception of the possibilities. It adds to the pleasure when you have lots of activities to anticipate, even if you don't do them.

One of the groups is a Medical Seminar at Sea for Cardiologists and the other is an Abraham-Hicks group. So as I said, it isn't the people themselves, it is whether the ship will offer a full range of sea day activities.

Thanks for your comments.

Beth

Hi Beth! It's me-Anita

So good to see your post. I did Equinox December 9th(?) 2015.

I found lots of things changed since our last cruise together. As described on this forum 'cultural artist activities' have vanished.

My cruise was a 10 nighter - no art classes..no speakers.

As you know me - I brought me beads, handiwork and watercolour package (from our last cruise together) and created my own fun.

I am booked on the EQ Jan 9th for 11 nights of fun!

Anita

I was on a cruise a year or so ago with a large Abraham-Hicks group (1/3 of the ship). On sea days they were in seminars or discussions and, generally, not out around the ship. So that resulted in lots of availability of loungers, etc. There seemed to be all the same activities (eg trivia) available as always. They also had lots of excursions specifically for their group which left many other excursion options for the other 2/3's of the passengers.