Transportation to Liberty of the Seas

I will be flying in to Houston (IAH) on September 18 for a cruise on the Liberty of the Seas. How far away is the cruise port? What would a taxi cost? Has anyone used the RCL shuttle and what is the cost of that? Thanks in advance!

Taxi fare looks to be around $150. For one way trip. The RCI shuttle run 47 or 49 per person. I have heard good remarks on Super shuttle and plan on using them next February at around $150 on way to my motel on Galveston island

I will be flying in to Houston (IAH) on September 18 for a cruise on the Liberty of the Seas. How far away is the cruise port? What would a taxi cost? Has anyone used the RCL shuttle and what is the cost of that? Thanks in advance!

The cruise port is around 90 minutes from IAH, with good traffic.

A couple of years ago, the RC transfer price was $47pp.

You should take a look at the Gulf Coast Departures forum for more transportation ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

If we weren't going to rent a car next year, I was planning on booking with Super shuttle down to Galveston & back.It will be our first time out of Galveston so finding the best way down & back was not easy. The car rental was a little cheaper then a shuttle both ways plus it gave us the flexibility to spend a day at the Nasa Space Center Pre Cruise.

We just used the RCI shuttle from Houston hobby airport 07/17/2016. it was great. it was 30 dollars per person each way. It was by far the cheapest option I could find. It was a newer motor coach and was only about 2/3 full. I was surprised because we were early about 0930 and figured we would wait until it was full. I would use it again. We flew in the day before and stayed at the double tree Hilton right by the airport. Beautiful hotel, but not the best part of Houston. Then took the free shuttle to the airport and caught the bus. I think it would work fine if you arrived that morning. I get nervous with airlines so planned on the day before.

Ugh. I'd fly the day before. That distance.. Plus traffic.. Plus potential air port delays..

If you absolutely must fly in the day of, book a transfer through RCI.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We cruise out of Galveston in November and I booked thru Galveston Express Shuttle from IAH round trip for $65 per person. They will take us to our Hotel on the Thursday before the cruise and then pick us up at the Cruise dock on the Sunday we get back.

Only way I would book a flight the same day as the cruise out of Galveston, is to book a Red eye. As it is for us out of so Calif the earliest I can get an arrival to IAH is around 1:38 PM. This is with 1 connection. The cost to drive, shuttle to LAX for a non stop exceeds our cost out of our home city. We drove into San Diego for a cruise, the day before and are 2.5 hrs from SD.