GSC Closing for Renovations?

beachgirl26

I just read through a bunch of threads on GSC closing for renovations as part of the "Norwegian Edge" upgrade during Sept & Oct 2016. I also saw Norwegians announcement on the reno and what they plan to do, but does anyone know when they will actually be done? The press release said they would "debut several new offerings and high quality amenities for guests by spring 2017". We are on a mid March sailing scheduled to go there and I am wondering if it will be done? Anyone know more?

I just read through a bunch of threads on GSC closing for renovations as part of the "Norwegian Edge" upgrade during Sept & Oct 2016. I also saw Norwegians announcement on the reno and what they plan to do, but does anyone know when they will actually be done? The press release said they would "debut several new offerings and high quality amenities for guests by spring 2017". We are on a mid March sailing scheduled to go there and I am wondering if it will be done? Anyone know more?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7056

Near bottom they say it will reopen public areas in Jan 17 and the new Villas for Suites passengers later in the year.

Thanks for the added info! I hate to see what those villas are going to cost :eek: I do think the zip line sounds like fun but I am sure there will be a price tag to go along with that as well! Wonder if that will be done in January too.....

Thanks for the added info! I hate to see what those villas are going to cost :eek: I do think the zip line sounds like fun but I am sure there will be a price tag to go along with that as well! Wonder if that will be done in January too.....

The Norwegian Edge

NEW ISLAND EXPERIENCES IN 2016

Zipline

Underwater Sculpture Garden

New Dining Spaces

Entertainment Complex

Refreshed Spaces

See https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay

After the renovations, will the lagoon be for haven/suite passengers only?

It says exclusive as in luxury but going by this image;

GSC.Lagoon.Aerial.jpg

it does not leave a lot of beach (bottom of picture) left for potential public use. And not to ignore the fact those villa people would dislike a lagoon full of steerage. ;)

So my guess is that it probably will be Haven and suite only.

After the renovations, will the lagoon be for haven/suite passengers only?

From the link FreeStyle provided (thank you BTW :D)........

New in 2017, Great Stirrup Cay will offer the ultimate island luxury experience with a brand new exclusive lagoon retreat featuring a secluded, pristine beach; exclusive dining options; luxury beach villas and so much more.

Secluded beach

Modern reception area overlooking the beach for reserving activities or relaxing in the outdoor terrace

Tranquil lagoon with a convenient swim-up bar

Beachfront luxury villas for rent ranging from studios, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom villas

Family beach area for all ages to enjoy

The Silver Palm Restaurant with a two-story deck offering scenic views

Private party room available for reservation

Complimentary access for guests of The Haven and Suites and guests who book a Mandara Spa massage on the island. Limited capacity for purchase

From the link FreeStyle provided (thank you BTW :D)........

New in 2017, Great Stirrup Cay will offer the ultimate island luxury experience with a brand new exclusive lagoon retreat featuring a secluded, pristine beach; exclusive dining options; luxury beach villas and so much more.

Secluded beach

Modern reception area overlooking the beach for reserving activities or relaxing in the outdoor terrace

Tranquil lagoon with a convenient swim-up bar

Beachfront luxury villas for rent ranging from studios, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom villas

Family beach area for all ages to enjoy

The Silver Palm Restaurant with a two-story deck offering scenic views

Private party room available for reservation

Complimentary access for guests of The Haven and Suites and guests who book a Mandara Spa massage on the island. Limited capacity for purchase

Hadn't even read about the purchase part. :D